2017 6.2l coolant leak

I have a 2017 silverado LTZ  Z71 with a 6.2L . Back in April while looking under the truck I noticed dried up coolant running down the side of the engine block. After a search online I found I am not the only one that has had that  problem and that other people with the problem have had their cylinder heads replaced. So I took it into the dealership, the next day they called me and told me i needed a new driver side cylinder head and said it would probably take them a week or two to fix. So a week later they informed me the cylinder head was backordered and they did not have any other info on when it would be in, and of course the truck was already taken apart. Long story short, it took about 30 days to get the cylinder head in, but they informed me that the Head gasket did not come in and that it is backordered. The truck has now been at the dealership, motor taken apart for 55 days. The dealership has no updates on parts ( I don't blame the dealer), I have made a complaint  to Chevy customer service and they can not give me any information on when the head gasket will be available. I looked on gm parts direct and the head gasket is discontinued. I can't even explain how pissed off and frustrated I am with the whole situation!!  The whole thing just seems fishy to me.....its just a head gasket!! I am  curious if anyone out there is having similar issues?

Porous casting....known problem. PIP 5498

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/201992-p050d-internal-coolant-leak-weird/?do=findComment&comment=1994420

Seafoam it when they are done. Your injectors look like crap with burnt coolant on them in that combustion chamber. GM tech wont clean them.

Edited by Paintor

All headgaskets are on back order, L86 and LT1 use the same gasket.  I just went through this on my L86 just over two weeks ago.  I took mine apart to do heads and cam only to find out after I had it apart the head gaskets where on back order.  I got Texas Speed to send me the rest of the cam kit so I could start putting the cam in and get ready for the heads. 

What I ended up doing is called local dealerships to see if they had any on the shelf.  If they didn't I asked them if they could look up in their computer for any dealerships that showed them in stock.  Then called those dealerships to try and get them to ship me one.  Several dealership told me no and where holding them in case a customer came in for work and needed it.  Nobody in the country is going to have 2.  But i sourced mine by calling all over the country.  The dealership isn't going to do this for you but you could and it will just cost you 50 bucks a gasket and what ever they are going to charge you for shipping.  One dealership wanted to charge 40 buck just for shipping one head gasket.  I told them to kiss my ass.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:53 PM, BAU said:

Thanks for the info guys! This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and since the truck is under warranty not much I can do about it.

Making 2 months truck payments when the truck has been sitting at GM...

Give your State Attorney General a ringaling and ask them about your State’s Lemon Laws.

I don’t know if it is related to the 6.2 head woes....but years ago...In the military a certain GM vehicle had issues and the military bought up every single “part” in North America ..and still did not have enough to fix what was broke. Pentagon went to Leased vehicles....throwing the ball back at GM to keep their junk running.

Meaning...Pentagon lease needs surpasses yours. Just todays fun fact.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:53 PM, BAU said:

Thanks for the info guys! This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and since the truck is under warranty not much I can do about it.

A similar thing happened to my wife’s acura during the huge airbag recall fiasco. We didn’t have her 1 year old car for 6 months!

Did I care, hell no. You know why? Because that’s 6 months of driving in somebody elses car, 6 months worth of wear and tear and mileage depreciation, for free.

Edited by truckguy82

The dealership should have your head gaskets any day now.  Texas Speed just shipped the head gaskets for my cam kit that I never got.  So if they don’t get your head gaskets and want to buy some and just take them to them.  I’ll have mine Tuesday and willing to sell them at a good price.

I don’t need them now.