Flapping/Ticking Sound

So I have a flapping/ticking sound coming from my driver side cluster with the ac vent and 4x4 knobs as well as my driver side door. I haven't been able to pin point where exactly it is coming from. I first thought that it has something to do with the ac blower, as soon as the sound started I turned off the ac and closed the driver side vent and the sound was still happening so it can't be that in my opinion. Yesterday I took off my fuse box panel and the driver side ac vent cluster to do some poking around and I couldn't duplicate the sound without driving it and its kinda sketch searching for the sound just cause its on the driver side. Also looked under neath the steering column and couldn't find anything lose or anything that could be making the sound. So I guess it leaves me to take apart the door but before I did that I wanted to ask if anyone had this similar sound and found a fix? If I can't find the noise in the door I'm gonna have to take it into the stupid dealership to have them look and I can already see what are gonna say. That is the absolute last resort at this point.

Please let me know if anyone had the same sound and had a simple fix!

15 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Is it constant? Under what conditions does the sound occur?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

It's only when I'm driving. It doesn't matter if its on a smooth or rough road still does it. Just depends on how constant is it. On my 9 mile drive home from work, it started when I drove off my parking lot at work.

4 minutes ago, Racindave said:

Console is empty and no sun glasses in holder? Also i think there is a thread somewhere of a screw lose in the kick panel underneath the steering.wheel...? 

Nothing in the  console that would make that sound. No sunglasses in the holder. I will check the kick panel underneath the steering wheel but I was under there yesterday and didn't notice anything but I will double check. 

2 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Guys have had noises coming from their sun visors. Flip it down and see if it quits.

Can't hurt to try it tomorrow on my way to work. Will test it out. Will keep you updated! I just know taking it to the dealership won't do anything cause I know the excuse of "we can't duplicate the noise" will be used so we can't fix it so I'd rather get it figured out myself.

16 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Guys have had noises coming from their sun visors. Flip it down and see if it quits.

Yeah that wasn't it. Screws in the kick panel are secure. I think its coming from my door panel.. is there somewhere that tells me how to take the door panel off?

I can't figure out the sound.. Every place I look nothing seems like it could be making that noise. I think it may be a defective part behind the steering column or behind the speedometer or some where in that area. I made a appointment with the dealership to take a look at it. Hopefully they can figure it out cause its quite annoying.

Can you hear it outside the truck?  The vacuum pump in my truck makes a light ticking noise that I can hear when I first start it up in the morning.  (Radio is on after that so I have no idea if it is audible while driving)

8 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

Can you hear it outside the truck?  The vacuum pump in my truck makes a light ticking noise that I can hear when I first start it up in the morning.  (Radio is on after that so I have no idea if it is audible while driving)

Nope I only hear it inside the cabin when I'm driving. Has to be something in my dash.. Grrrrr

Thomas,

Try this thread to see if it may be your issue. Good luck.

Exactly the thread I was thinking of. I think mine has this issue, but I haven't heard any sample videos of the problem to compare. Mine sounds like a pin size air leak or flutter coming from under drivers side footwell

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk