so the brake pad monitor claims I only have 20% life left in the front pads BS I have like 8k miles on truck. regardless eventually I'll need to replace them I do most of the work myself I looked online for pads and like everything else for this truck I couldn't find a single set of pads. has anyone changed pads ? gone to chevy for them to replace them ect.... ?

There are a few threads on here about the brake pad monitor.   Basically a lot of them are not to be trusted.   Check the thickness of the pads yourself and not with the monitor.   At 8k your pads should be almost new.

I know I don't need pads yet that monitor is on crack lol. I'm just curios what people have done to replace them cause I couldn't find anywhere to buy pads online. 

On 6/20/2019 at 11:48 PM, chris918 said:

so the brake pad monitor claims I only have 20% life left in the front pads BS I have like 8k miles on truck. regardless eventually I'll need to replace them I do most of the work myself I looked online for pads and like everything else for this truck I couldn't find a single set of pads. has anyone changed pads ? gone to chevy for them to replace them ect.... ?

You should be able to get 80k miles or more from pads and rotors on these newer trucks unless you pull trailers a lot.