Audio Help

Allllllllright! Iv looked into this like 100 times but i keep getting different answers.. What exactly do i need to add SUBS and an AMP into my 2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ with a stock BOSE system? 

You need some type of line level converter. Cheap small one or audio control unit all the way to a full processor. Your call. Then a amp kit as they call it. That means power wire and ground fuse also. RCA wire. Assuming there is no high level input on amp and also no signal turn on. So you will also need a remote turn on wire.
If you ate asking what wires to tap that is a different answer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

You need some type of line level converter. Cheap small one or audio control unit all the way to a full processor. Your call. Then a amp kit as they call it. That means power wire and ground fuse also. RCA wire. Assuming there is no high level input on amp and also no signal turn on. So you will also need a remote turn on wire.
If you ate asking what wires to tap that is a different answer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I know how to hook up systems XD I just know iv seen a "plug n play" harness if you wanna call it? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sades said:

I know how to hook up systems XD I just know iv seen a "plug n play" harness if you wanna call it? 

This is the harness kit you want, don't buy the overpriced ones. This one gives you 3 options depending on the install you want. You'll use the 8-Pin harness to make a T-harness between your Bose and your own amp setup.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541APHGM02/PAC-APH-GM02-AmpPro-Speaker-Connection-Harness.html

]

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/22/2019 at 12:43 AM, jpinoy said:

This is the harness kit you want, don't buy the overpriced ones. This one gives you 3 options depending on the install you want. You'll use the 8-Pin harness to make a T-harness between your Bose and your own amp setup.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541APHGM02/PAC-APH-GM02-AmpPro-Speaker-Connection-Harness.html

]

I purchased the APH-GM02 and I have now started at it for a few days trying to figure out exactly how to use one of the harnesses to connect an LC2I it? I think I can do it but I don't just guess and see if I can figure it out. I would much rather have someone help me or find instructions. Which I have searched and searched and searched to no avail.... if I do figure it out I will post the how to ..

Joinoy, if you can help me please do... I'd greatly appreciate you!

13 hours ago, Nasir222 said:

I purchased the APH-GM02 and I have now started at it for a few days trying to figure out exactly how to use one of the harnesses to connect an LC2I it? I think I can do it but I don't just guess and see if I can figure it out. I would much rather have someone help me or find instructions. Which I have searched and searched and searched to no avail.... if I do figure it out I will post the how to ..

I took mine out a while ago, as I needed the room under my seats more than I needed the extra thump :)

Here's the instructions based on which harness you use. 

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20190129180800/Manuals/541/541APHGM02.PDF

Pac AmpPro ap4-gm61 or NAV TV M650-GM

I just went through this and these are your best options for a true flat signal to the amp. In the end I installed a Kenwood double din though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, Nasir222 said:

Update. I made my own harness using the APH-GM02, as jpnoy said you'll need to use the 8 pin harness and it's pretty self explanitory. The wires are labeled. I appreciate the help jpnoy. I didn't even see your reply until after I did it but I really appreciate you. Now onto the next headache! Power upgrade... adding an aux battery or bank of supercaps or  bank of LTO batteries? Why.... why... I have hate in my heart for GM right now because of their junky ass power supply and system... the voltage fluctuations and way the alternator is controlled is rediculous and makes things difficult... don't get me started on the 110v outlet! They should be ashamed! Putting an outlet that is unable to power damn near anything is rediculous!  150w for 10secs will cut off. I was going to get a Taramps pro charger and run it off the 110v until I discovered that I can't even use it without buying another inverter! What type of damn truck can't run a power tool!? Oh wait... only GM! Sorry for the rant. 

• Thanks 1

Update. I made my own harness using the APH-GM02, as jpnoy said you'll need to use the 8 pin harness and it's pretty self explanitory. The wires are labeled. I appreciate the help jpnoy. I didn't even see your reply until after I did it but I really appreciate you. Now onto the next headache! Power upgrade... adding an aux battery or bank of supercaps or  bank of LTO batteries? Why.... why... I have hate in my heart for GM right now because of their junky ass power supply and system... the voltage fluctuations and way the alternator is controlled is rediculous and makes things difficult... don't get me started on the 110v outlet! They should be ashamed! Putting an outlet that is unable to power damn near anything is rediculous!  150w for 10secs will cut off. I was going to get a Taramps pro charger and run it off the 110v until I discovered that I can't even use it without buying another inverter! What type of damn truck can't run a power tool!? Oh wait... only GM! Sorry for the rant. 
In regards to power supply. Pickup a northstar or xs power 94r. Its an agm and should suite your needs. How many watts you plan on running?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk