Any way possible to adjust pedals?

I realize GM took away the power adjustable pedals.  For some stupid reason that was a corner they decided to cut.  But is it possible to manually adjust either the brake pedal out or the gas pedal in?  They are ridiculously far apart in my truck and i've had multiple times when I had to hit the brakes hard because I missed on the first try.  When I switch my foot from the gas to the brake naturally my foot goes right into the side of the brake pedal.

That has nothing to do with the adjustable pedals they removed. The pedals move forward and back, not closer or further apart. 

The reason they probably got rid of the feature is barely anyone actually used it or knew about it. Most would set it once (like myself) and never touch it again because the seat would do pretty much the same thing. I would rather the money be saved or spent somewhere else. 

Tyler

• Like 3

But seriously, did you confirm that your pedals are actually spaced farther front-to-back than other vehicles you have driven? Do you have any dexterity problems with your foot/ankle? 

Maybe you should search for some mobility suppliers such as:

https://www.aavans.com/mobility-equipment-listing/easy-rider-pedal-extension/

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

That has nothing to do with the adjustable pedals they removed. The pedals move forward and back, not closer or further apart. 

The reason they probably got rid of the feature is barely anyone actually used it or knew about it. Most would set it once (like myself) and never touch it again because the seat would do pretty much the same thing. I would rather the money be saved or spent somewhere else. 

Tyler

Yea seems OP thinks adjustable pedals went side to side and closer or further apart instead of forward and back. Agree a waste anyway. Had a truck with them; never used.

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

But seriously, did you confirm that your pedals are actually spaced farther front-to-back than other vehicles you have driven? Do you have any dexterity problems with your foot/ankle? 

Great link.  There are many businesses that specialize in adapting vehicles to meet the needs of most physical challenges.  I used to rent vehicles for my mother from a business that rented only to the physically disabled.  It was a true eye opener to see the alternatives to traditional driving methods!   As a side note, I remember many years ago switching from my work truck to my commuter Austin America in my large work boots.  My problem wasn't missing the pedal, it was trying not to hit two at a time!

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

Yea seems OP thinks adjustable pedals went side to side and closer or further apart instead of forward and back. Agree a waste anyway. Had a truck with them; never used.

No I'm well aware of how the adjustable pedals work.  the brake pedal is too high/close to driver seat or the gas pedal is too low/close to the firewall.  That's great you didn't need them, but don't assume what I think.

2 hours ago, SqueakyBoot said:

You've completed missed the brake pedal?

no, hit the bottom side of the brake with my big toe trying to go from gas to brake because the brake pedal is like 6-7 inches closer to me than the gas.  It's just a lot different than what I'm used to and it seems dumb to me that this feature is available on all the other big brand trucks.  

2 hours ago, aseibel said:

yes either the brake is farther back (i.e. closer to the seat) or the gas pedal is farther forward (towards the firewall).  No dexterity problems, it's just way different than any other truck (several chevy and gmc's included) that was like this.  

5 minutes ago, Robwcormack said:

no, hit the bottom side of the brake with my big toe trying to go from gas to brake because the brake pedal is like 6-7 inches closer to me than the gas.  It's just a lot different than what I'm used to and it seems dumb to me that this feature is available on all the other big brand trucks.  

Ah, that makes more sense.  6-7 inches sounds like a bit of an exaggeration, but I haven't measured mine.  Adjustable pedals wouldn't help with this anyway, since you wouldn't be able to individually adjust the pedals.  It moves them both at the same time.  You may want to look into a gas pedal spacer or creating your own, if possible.  I've had this on sports cars to make heel/toe easier.

• Like 1

if you really think that your pedals are way out of whack, I'd stop by the dealer to confirm. Have them look at it, and you can compare to other new ones.

I'm pretty sure all vehicles makes/models have the pedals in pretty much the same relative location to prevent this problem. If your brake is really too far forward, maybe that can be adjusted?

I know where you're coming from.  If I adjust my seat to comfortably use the gas pedal, I sometimes hit the side of the brake as well.  Its not just a simple "heel pivot" over to the brake.  I really have to lift back and over, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, TxAg98 said:

I know where you're coming from.  If I adjust my seat to comfortably use the gas pedal, I sometimes hit the side of the brake as well.  Its not just a simple "heel pivot" over to the brake.  I really have to lift back and over, if that makes sense.

Exactly.  It would also help tremendously if they'd have the adjustable seatbelts too.