Any way possible to adjust pedals?

I looked at mine, it is really in line. Nothing out of the ordinary, I had no problems adjusting to it from various rental cars and trucks. I drive at least 2 or 3 different cars every month, all rentals, and I drive different trucks. Only one car threw me off, that was the Audi S5000. So close to each other! But can't say the same for the 99% of the other cars and trucks I've driven. Maybe it's defective?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got a  2019 RST and brake pedal is ridiculously offset from gas pedal.....very hard to get comfy position with both pedals.......mine is about 3-4 inches closer to driver than the gas......been driving trucks for 35 years and never had a car or truck that had this much offset between the 2.......struggling to get comfortable position with both......I may take it to welder to have it offsetted closer to the floor.....

It is correct that most if not all brake pedals are closer to driver than gas but this is ridiculous!

If anyone has solution or if it can be adjusted lmk, this issue is killing me, I hate driving it like this......just got back in my toyota and it is maybe 1 inch closer to me than gas which is fine........something so small can be so irritating.......seen earlier chevys had this issue as well

• 1 year later...

A lot of people do use them. My wife is 5 ft tall and can’t touch the pedals unless she moves the seat to the full forward position which would cause her serious injury if the airbag deployed. Many people, including myself use this feature due to this daily. Bad move GM

Maybe heat the pedal in a way to bend it if it wouldn't cause a strength issue... i miss my 05 with the spring loaded gas pedal that tilted on the pedal and you could push it down... my 12 with adjustable pedals sucks because they removed that feature

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Throttle and brake pedals are at different levels to reduce the chance of operating the throttle when a big boot/shoe is only half on the brake.

Adjustable pedals moved them closer/further from the seat together so the throttle/brake relationship remained the same.

I asked the dealer to check the brake pedal height because this bugs me about my 2019 as well, and they said it's the right height. I'm going to call them again and ask if the pedals can be adjusted to be similar height because it really is like a 5" gap between the pedals and I don't like it while driving.

I also don’t like the height difference between the gas and brake pedals. I took a look at the brake pedal a while back, thinking that I may be able to remove it and then heat/bend it a bit. But I wasn’t able to determine an easy way to remove it. So I’ve just kind of gotten used to it. By contrast, my previous F150 pedals were more even height wise, but spread further apart left to right.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, Robwcormack said:

No I'm well aware of how the adjustable pedals work.  the brake pedal is too high/close to driver seat or the gas pedal is too low/close to the firewall.  That's great you didn't need them, but don't assume what I think.

but they move together or at least they do on the 2016,  so its not going to change the spacing between the 2, only closer/farther to the seat

looks like a riser on gas pedal is only solution, i understand the concept of the offset but these are bit extreme.....

or aftermarket arm which i see fat chance of that becoming available.....custom fabricator is only other option

Edited by Dunn