Tailgate LED Bar

22 minutes ago, Opiedeegs said:

Did you remove your entire tailgate for the installation
I have a GMC multi pro the wiring harness to unplug is not the simplest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I had just enough room to squeeze my fingers between the bumper and tailgate to install the light bar.

• Like 1

I had quite a bit of difficulty trying to remove the multi pro tailgate
Could not get the passenger side hinge to release
I got the blade installed anyways would’ve been much easier without the tailgate
The wiring harness is nice so you don’t have to scotch lock any of the tail light wires

I have the Opt 7 with module on my Rst. Works and looks awesome only down fall is that u loose the rear bumper sensor function.  I could not figure out how to hardwire/tap in to the taillights 

Edited by Nola Sciko

3 hours ago, Nola Sciko said:

I have the Opt 7 with module on my Rst. Works and looks awesome only down fall is that u loose the rear bumper sensor function.  I could not figure out how to hardwire/tap in to the taillights 

All other adapters will throw errors on your dash and think

you have a trailer connect when the truck is in motion. Below is the only adapter you can use with no trailer errors and backup sensors work. Trust... learn from my mistake

https://www.putco.com/529005

C62CB48F-1DD5-4698-A791-E41C91FF8302.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jacob007 said:

you have a trailer connect when the truck is in motion. Below is the only adapter you can use with no trailer errors and backup sensors work. Trust... learn from my mistake

C62CB48F-1DD5-4698-A791-E41C91FF8302.jpeg

Will that adapter work with the Opt?

6 hours ago, Nola Sciko said:

I think you need this module for the Opt7 lights.

http://www.opt-7.com/tow-package-module-for-redline-led-tailgate-bars/?sku=820-02427&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInZOOurTt4wIVCZ6fCh1iJAafEAQYASABEgKd9vD_BwE

C62CB48F-1DD5-4698-A791-E41C91FF8302.thumb.jpeg.6d8368221d7ea77891b48d426226197e.jpeg

Second that Putco is clean and simple
No wire taps

On 8/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, Nola Sciko said:

I sent in a question to the Tech Support guys at Opt7. Here is their response:

Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we were not able to receive a screenshot from your previous message.
The module is a universal application, it will work with most vehicles.

The Triple Tailgate has 3 possible installation methods: Plug & Play; No module. Plug & Play with module and hard-wired.

Triple Tailgate Only (Plug & Play): Vehicles that do not have any of the following equipped:
-Rear Camera
-Back-up/Parking Sensor
-Trailer Assist Feature (HUD display that provides trailer connection status notifications)
-BLIS (Blind Spot Notification Signal)

Triple Tailgate + Module (PWM Adapter) (Plug & Play): Vehicles equipped with any of the following:
-Rear Camera
-Back-up/Parking Sensor
-Trailer Assist Feature (HUD display that provides trailer connection status notifications)

Triple Tailgate (Hard-wired)
-BLIS (Blind Spot Notification Signal)
-Some tailgates will only function hard-wired on certain vehicles.

* Vehicles with a BLIS or Blind Spot Sensor Systems must use the hard-wire extension kit included with the kit. 
The kit will technically not be Plug & Play in this case.

**Vehicles that do not have a BLIS or Blind Spot Sensor System but do have a rear camera, rear parking sensor or a Trailer Assist System that provides heads up display status updates will require the addition of the OPT7 Optional Accessories Signal Module.

Best Regards,
Salvador G. 
OPT7 Customer Experience Team

• 5 months later...

I purchased this with the add on module for my 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 1500.  I tried the curt adapter and I tried hardwiring as Opt 7 shows in a youtube video.  Both of these installs disabled my sensors and cross traffic alert thinking I was towing something.  Does anyone have a good remedy to solve this.  I contacted Opt7 and they said just send the product back for a full refund but I really like the look of the lights but losing all safety features is a real bummer.  Anyone have success with this?  Or suggestions. 

On 8/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Opiedeegs said:

I had quite a bit of difficulty trying to remove the multi pro tailgate
Could not get the passenger side hinge to release
I got the blade installed anyways would’ve been much easier without the tailgate
The wiring harness is nice so you don’t have to scotch lock any of the tail light wires

I can get my passenger side off easily at 45 degree angle.  Can’t get the drivers side to release in any position.  How do you get the drivers side off?  Please help!