GM Hard Folding Tonneau by REV review

On 11/8/2020 at 9:36 AM, SPASierra said:

I must have watched at least 20 reviews and install videos on YT while deciding on what to order.  I ended up going with the MX4, and am very happy with it.  I installed it on a colder day, and the texture of the spray in liner doesn't do much to promote adhesion of the front foam gasket.  I installed it a couple of weeks ago, and it has been through a couple of rain storms and a car wash.  Minimal leaks at the front corners, but otherwise the bed was dry.  Most of the time I will just have my golf bag in the bed, along with a soft sided samsonite golf organizer (shoes, balls, towels, rain gear, etc).

After seeing the small amount of water that got in, I am fairly confident that my stuff will stay dry.  I'm on the fence about getting the BedRug mat (not the entire thing) just to get stuff up off the floor of the bed.  Time will tell.

get the mat. any water that does get in will go out the drain holes and all your stuff stays dry!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After waiting over a month on the Rev cover, I had it installed at the dealer today. It ended coming right off.

As OP said the fit and finish on these are HORRIBLE. I'm glad I have it the once over before leaving because the tailgate didn't even meet up with the end of the cover. OK, lets just shimmy it back. Check the front...gaps galore...seemingly missing rubber? In the front, the flap doesn't sit flush in the corners and in the back, its not flush and there seems to be more rubber missing there. They are giving me all sorts of issues because I used the $1000 Truck Month incentive to order this, so they don't know how to "return" it. I'm not sure if I want to wait however long since they are still on backorder. The Bakflip MX4 looks great with the reinforced caps at the corners...

image.png.100123b75625c1f842ff7028d819055b.pngimage.png.6ad6a49842646844995429eadd2f7653.png

image.png.befcf6fbd10df86b4a99d2e63bec66e7.pngimage.png.85334c991fe9b2130f8ab87d230e9322.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for installation instructions or parts that I can access on the internet for Rev Industries.  They sure seem to be hiding themselves from any direct links!  Does anyone know the website for this company?

• 1 month later...

I have the REV hard folding cover on my Sierra 2500 AT4. It was a waste of money. It leaks on both sides near the front, water pools up in the center of one of the panels and subsequently leaks right into the center of my truck bed. That was a nice surprise to have the tools that I had stored in there covered in water after a hard night's rain. I have spoken to the dealership twice about it and they have yet to provide any sort of resolution. If you want to blow $1000 on a POS toneau cover,  go ahead and get the REV. Completely unsatisfied with the product and dealer support for this piece of crap. I have previously owned 2 BAK industry covers and didn't have any problems. Should have stuck with them and am now regretting not doing so.

Edited by Steven Moses

i ended up with the rolling rev cover. love it so far. can't get hold of Rev. they belong to BAK somehow. i get some water but have a mat in there so it keeps things 1/4" off the floor plus i think it helps any water to drain out. works for me.   

I'm trying to find a nice track that i can use with this cover. needs to  in the stake  bed holes and not clamp inside the bed. 

• 2 months later...

Bought a new 2021 Silverado and put the cover on my truck.  I was on my first trip in the truck with the new cover and it rained.  I happened to open up my cover and found alot of water in the bed of my truck.  I had puddles of water and if any thing would have been in the bed of the truck would have been wet.  I talked with the dealership who I bought it from and they told me to bring it back and they would replace it.  I did, they put a new one on thinking it was defective.  However, I left my truck out in a rain and the same thing, a lot of water in the bed of my truck.  My brother in laws also have a truck with bed covers and they don't have the water problem I have.  I just sold my 2014 Chevy truck with a cover and it never had any water problems like I am having now.

I would not recommend this cover, but another type if  you are concerned about water in your bed of your truck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 1:17 PM, Wiggums said:

Even though Silverado was only 3 inches longer, I found it much more spacious by about 10 inches when I sleep diagonally in the back.

Of course, I'd want a tonneau to protect myself from the elements. I am not looking for 100% water proof, I know that's not possible, and I expect the bed to get wet or have a few leaks but at least the water won't be hitting my face

Hi, Looking to do a long camping trip to Newfoundland / labrador with my new Sierra 1500, exploring different sleeping/ camping ideas .   Love it if you or anyone else show interesting ideas