2020 3500 AT4

Ordered my 2020 3500 AT4 in Red Quartz on 6/27 GM accepted the order on 7/2, TPW 7/29.

Has been at 3300 for 1 week, 3400 for 1 week, finally went to 4300 today

Getting excited now.

Now If only Demco or Curt would get the ISR adapter available to mount my fifth wheel hitch...........

On 8/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, powerhaulic said:

Ordered my 2020 3500 AT4 in Red Quartz on 6/27 GM accepted the order on 7/2, TPW 7/29.

Has been at 3300 for 1 week, 3400 for 1 week, finally went to 4300 today

Getting excited now.

Now If only Demco or Curt would get the ISR adapter available to mount my fifth wheel hitch...........

Not trying to kill your excitement but mine has been at 4300 since June 3rd.

That truck looks massive!

Laura Buick/GMC has pictures of RQT trucks on its website.

My buddy will be there Saturday to pick up his 2020 2500 AT4 HD in RQT.  He's shown me pictures of it, and the RQT looks so much better in the AT4 trim vs. Denali.

I'm stuck right now, anxiously awaiting my 2500 AT4 in Dark Sky Metallic, which is also in 4300, so I feel your pain!

Worst part is, I'm truckless at the moment as I got an offer I couldn't turn down for my 2018 Denali 2500 L5P.  Almost 5k better than my trade allowance was...

46 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

You need to get $5-6000 more than trade to make up the sales tax you'll have to pay.

Just saying

Yep...Sounds like NY & CO are similar.  My address is outside of city limits so I only have county and state sales tax rates, which helps.  I needed to sell for at least $2565 more than my trade offer, and I ended up getting $4600 more.    If I lived within city limits it would have been higher.

43 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

Not sure what color RQT is?

Red Quartz is GPJ

Sorry, I was just abbreviating Red Quartz Tintcoat.  I didn't know the actual paint code for it.

Edited by cdh7917

2 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

8% sales tax here, many areas higher

We have to pay a combined federal and provincial sales tax on the difference.

13%.

Makes a huge difference if trading in a high value vehicle.

Cdn $, but a 2020 Dmax Denali will list in the $90,000's.

Trade (vs private sale) in a $70,000 one and it's the tax on $20,000 = $2600,

instead of tax $90,000 = $11,700.

$9000 buys a lot of fuel.

Makes no difference to the purchaser, since they have to pay the tax to get it registered. 

Here, the days of righting up a low $ sales slip are gone.  The vehicle registrar has a list of the expected value - and that's the amount the tax must be paid on.

Of course nobody pays tax on the old one if it doesn't get sold /re-registered. (or gets shipped to the US, as is currently common)

And of course, the dealers also know this....and they want part/most of the benefit of the tax saving.

The train wreck July 11th in Nevada may have something to do with the delays in shipments.  Many GMC Sierras and Jeeps were damaged or destroyed.  Maybe GM is using more semis to do shipments from the factory and there is a derth of truckers currently.

Wrecked trucks on train.jpg

• Sad 1

My dealer salesman tells me we're still tracking for the end of the month.

Yesterday, I asked for a status on the GMC website chat feature.  The rep told me it was it was held up at a rail yard awaiting a rail car.  He couldn't tell me which rail yard it was though or it's specific location.

Really hoping it's soon though - sucks being truckless!

On the other hand, I got a chance to check out my buddy's 2500 AT4HD in red quartz.  It's a stunning truck and absolutely huge.  Makes it even harder to be patient while I wait for mine to arrive.