Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

Okay, so mine arrived today.  Likely wont have time to install until next weekend, but here's a scan of the PDF install manual (PDF Attached).  Things to note:

You install the J-nuts under the lip of the plastic bed cap, and need to drill holes through the plastic bed cap (but not the carbon bed itself) to access those holes for install.  Fortunately, plastic bed caps are cheap and replaceable, so no big deal, but this is not a "no drill" install, but for all intents and purposes, it is.

One Rivnut per side is already installed int he bed, at the rear (by the tailgate).  Curious what accessory that was designed for (the rotating cargo basket?)

Does not appear that anything is mounted/bolted/screwed to the front of the bed so the good news is that this thing should be completely (and quickly) removable so you can do things like, load dirt bikes into the bed, etc.

Finally, there's an option for the power up/down tailgate which is interesting as that is only an option in the Chevy High Country, to my knowledge.... maybe this means Chevy CarbonPro is in the works?

CarbonPro Tonneau Cover Install Manual.pdf

Edited by Truckasaurus

Just installed a tuxedo pro x15 bed cover .

Will send more pictures when I figure out how to send more than one at a time.

But what I did is drill a 3/8 inch hole in the side of bed below to  stake bin and put half the clamp inside the stake hole and the other on the bed side. For the front I lifted the bed cap so I had access to the front bed stake and did the same thing. Seems to work just  fine 

Will send pictures later. All I did was take apart the  clamps, set the rail on the on the bed cap. I held it in place with duck tape. Take half the clamp and place it where it needs to be to hold the rail. Mark where the hole needs to be , I used a 3/8 inch bit. Place one half of the clamp down the bed stake hole and bolt the other half to it . Slide the clamp up to the rail and tighten  . It will make sense when you see the pictures.  As I stated before I'm trying to post picture more than one at a time

On 8/9/2019 at 5:32 AM, Joshua Pessin said:

Any CarbonPro owners out there who figured out a tonneau cover solution?  Apparently, the CarbonPro bed doesn’t have the rail necessary to mount any sort of cover. My local dealer had a call out to GM accessories corporate and am waiting to hear back. 

Yes, I have been stalking this forum looking for this exact answer. I went ahead and ordered a Roll-n-Lock cover of which the manufacturer said that they were not interested in figuring out a way to mount their cover. Well it was easy, just a little drilling to make places to mount. My biggest concern was being able to drill into the carbon bed that GM claims is virtually indestructible. Well, its not, it drills like a plastic/fiberglass compound. Heres some pictures I took for you guys and gals.

IMG_0207D.jpegIMG_0208D.jpeg

IMG_0209D.jpegIMG_0198D.jpegIMG_0199D.jpegIMG_0200D.jpeg

IMG_0230.jpegIMG_0232D.jpeg

IMG_0233D.jpeg

IMG_0202D.jpeg

IMG_0203D.jpeg

Edited by Guy Thompson
Spelling and order of photos.

The attachment system for the GM factory cover (see above) using the J-Nuts works pretty well.  It would be nice if GM would make that attachment system available as a separate part number (or make the parts available to tonneau manufactureres) because you should be able to use that system to attach any type of rails/tracks to the bed sides of the CarbonPro without having to drill or cut through any of the carbon fiber portion.