Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

2 hours ago, bearded_warrior said:

Not sure exactly which cover they are using but they had a cover on this CarbonPro bed on TFL truck. Might spawn some ideas for those looking closely. 

Yeah, that's the folding GM factory cover... i.e., the one I have on my truck.  Works well for me... no complaints so far.

• Like 1

Yes, hard cover.  They have a soft folding one now, read above to see one guys review of it.  

Removing my hard folding cover is easy. Fold it up, loosen two nuts, unclip safety clips, and lift off truck.  It’s somewhat heavy and awkward so better to have a helper, but I do mine myself.  It’s one of the things I like about it, you can completely remove it and nothing remains on the  head rail so it doesn’t get in the way when I load dirt bikes in the back, etc.  The mounting hardware is all on the side rails, and is pretty unobtrusive with the cover removed.  

Edited by Truckasaurus

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to Agricover today about the Lomax trifold.  They stated they had a carbon pro in their facility about two weeks ago to develop a installation process and design.  They indicated to expect a product for the carbon pro in about 2 to 3 months.  Nice lookin low profile cover that does not need drain tubes.

4 hours ago, GrandVader said:

Pics and detailed info please??

The Retrax came off of my 2019 AT4 so it was already “put together” when I put it on the CarbonPro bed. All I had to do was drill 4 holes in the locations that the clamps go with a 1.5” hole saw. Clamped it down and had no issues with it. Pollen is already taking over here in east Texas. 

7AB08494-639A-4769-937B-722BC1A9B695.jpeg

DA72C0F7-8C1A-4797-AEB6-87146B36A516.jpeg

6B5340EF-3310-4985-B6BA-903C41076975.jpeg

42DCD51D-9F94-475D-A23D-6FDC57E91AE2.jpeg

2 hours ago, CarbonProGMC said:

The Retrax came off of my 2019 AT4 so it was already “put together” when I put it on the CarbonPro bed. All I had to do was drill 4 holes in the locations that the clamps go with a 1.5” hole saw. Clamped it down and had no issues with it. Pollen is already taking over here in east Texas. 

7AB08494-639A-4769-937B-722BC1A9B695.jpeg

DA72C0F7-8C1A-4797-AEB6-87146B36A516.jpeg

6B5340EF-3310-4985-B6BA-903C41076975.jpeg

Great...thanks for the pics and info!  Since you work for GM, will cutting the hole affect the integrity of the bed?

59 minutes ago, GrandVader said:

Great...thanks for the pics and info!  Since you work for GM, will cutting the hole affect the integrity of the bed?

Just from first hand experience, I would say no, if it can handle objects hitting it at hurricane speeds, a little hole won’t hurt it. 

3 hours ago, CarbonProGMC said:

Gig-Em! (℅ '95).  Also, notice you have the  painted wheel trim.  Did you install yourself or did you order from the factory?   Do you have a good pic of them, i'm curious how they interact with the (non-painted) mud guards that will remain.