Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

Check out the extang solid fold 2.0. It secures with just 4 clamps that happen to sit right above the top four tie down hooks of the bed (2 in front, 2 in the back). I purchased a pack of steel zip ties, ran two through the tie down hooks (I used 2 as a failsafe) and then hooked them to the two front most clamps (one on each side) and tightened the clamps down tight (it isn’t going anywhere). I then just ran a single steel zip tie through the top tie down hooks on either side in the back... and the spring clamps just hook into them and keeps the back secure. I just kept the back zip ties slightly loose to allow the clamp to be un hooked for folding the cover back. Took me like 10 minutes and it looks and works fantastically...made my wife super happy. It’s definitely good to hold me over till something else comes out. 

im sure I made this sound harder than it is...I can add some pics if needed. Got the steel zip ties at Home Depot for 8 bucks.

I was just informed that GM does have a tonneau cover for the CarbonPro Edition.

84791287 - Tonneau Covers, Short Bed Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover for AT4 CarbonPro Edition

Shield and secure truck bed cargo with the GMC Accessories Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover. This hard vinyl Tonneau Cover is designed to stand up to rugged use while sheltering the cargo in your truck bed. Lightweight, rustproof, non-corrosive and lockable, it allows for easy opening and closing due to its tri-fold design.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:56 AM, Shawn Garneau said:

Check out the extang solid fold 2.0. It secures with just 4 clamps that happen to sit right above the top four tie down hooks of the bed (2 in front, 2 in the back). I purchased a pack of steel zip ties, ran two through the tie down hooks (I used 2 as a failsafe) and then hooked them to the two front most clamps (one on each side) and tightened the clamps down tight (it isn’t going anywhere). I then just ran a single steel zip tie through the top tie down hooks on either side in the back... and the spring clamps just hook into them and keeps the back secure. I just kept the back zip ties slightly loose to allow the clamp to be un hooked for folding the cover back. Took me like 10 minutes and it looks and works fantastically...made my wife super happy. It’s definitely good to hold me over till something else comes out. 

im sure I made this sound harder than it is...I can add some pics if needed. Got the steel zip ties at Home Depot for 8 bucks.

Do you have any pictures?

On 11/5/2019 at 3:05 PM, LDSierraAT4 said:

I was just informed that GM does have a tonneau cover for the CarbonPro Edition.

84791287 - Tonneau Covers, Short Bed Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover for AT4 CarbonPro Edition

Shield and secure truck bed cargo with the GMC Accessories Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover. This hard vinyl Tonneau Cover is designed to stand up to rugged use while sheltering the cargo in your truck bed. Lightweight, rustproof, non-corrosive and lockable, it allows for easy opening and closing due to its tri-fold design.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:05 PM, LDSierraAT4 said:

Also have one on order, should be in this week.  I will upload pics when its installed.

I just picked up the gm cover made for the carbon pro bed and it is super nice...heavy duty cover. I’m really happy with it. It’s worth the $1100...

It installs with rails...and locks. I haven’t installed it yet...but will tomorrow...if anyone wants pictures...

Edited by Shawn Garneau
  • Like 1