Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

On 11/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, Shawn Garneau said:

Ok all installed. Took me maybe an hour. It’s all about the “J Hooks”...that plastic cap on top of the sides of the bed hides some pre drilled holes in the composite underneath. I used a pry bar to pry the plastic up and slide the j hooks into the square holes. That’s the hardest part really...after that just screw in some screws and put the cover on. There’s a couple clamps (you can see one in the pictures) that hold the whole thing in place that mounts into a pre drilled hole in the rail. There’s a nice lock on the cover right up against the cab and the other end opens with a twist handle (you can see it in the pictures). The tailgate opens freely and overall I think its a great tonneau cover...it’s made of a Super heavy duty material and it’s a nice low profile tonneau. Good job GM!

Shawn,

How sturdy is that hard tonneau? I'm looking to mount a bike rack on tap similar to my old tacoma and was wondering if there was enough ridgidity to it to through 50 or so pounds on top and not be worried about it?

Hello All,

Matt Wright here, I have a small engineering & prototype shop I run from my house here in White Lake Michigan. We recently made a set of CNC'ed aluminum clamps to work with the BAK Industries Revolver tonneau cover and a 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro bed.  

No drilling or modifications to the truck required.  

We have only made 1 car set so far and the customer is currently testing them out to make sure there are no issues however, so far so good.  If anyone is interesting in buying a set, please email me directly. 

I am not sure if they will work with other tonneau systems however, I'm happy to send you more pics if interested. 

Please email me if you are interested.    

Thanks,
-mww

[email protected]

image.thumb.png.376568a75b9a2887af2e1020dad21c7b.png

MWW1 - Cabon Pro Bed Clamp.pdf

Edited by MWW1 Engineering & Prototype Services
added comment
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWW1 Engineering & Prototype Services said:

Hello All,

Matt Wright here, I have a small engineering & prototype shop I run from my house here in White Lake Michigan. We recently made a set of CNC'ed aluminum clamps to work with the BAK Industries Revolver tonneau cover and a 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro bed.  

We have only made 1 car set so far and the customer is currently testing them out to make sure there are no issues however, so far so good.  If anyone is interesting in buying a set, please email me directly. 

I am not sure if they will work with other tonneau systems however, I'm happy to send you more pics if interested. 

Thanks,
-mww

[email protected]

MWW1 - Cabon Pro Bed Clamp.pdf 269.55 kB · 1 download

Great!  E-mail sent!

4 hours ago, Ryan Beardsley said:

I know I'm being picky, but has anyone found any tonneau cover that has the follow features...

1. Fits Carbon Pro bed

2. Hard tri/quad fold

3. No rails

4. No cables

If I find any, I will provide the link.

If you look at the above post, his clamp is suppose to work with BAK products.  As soon as they are ready I plan on picking a set up to use with one of these:

https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-mx4

https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4

Not sure how a tonneau cover cover would work without the use of a rail....a hardshell cover maybe?

I bought the GM Tonneau...the one that they made for the carbon pro bed. It’s exactly what your looking for...trifold, solid...it’s very well made. You can open it from the back or the front. Nice locking mechanism. I actually had installed the extang solid fold on my carbon pro before GM had finished their cover. I used some metal zip ties to attach the solid fold to the eye hooks in the bed. It was fully functional. 

Edited by Shawn Garneau
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shawn Garneau said:

I bought the GM Tonneau...the one that they made for the carbon pro bed. It’s exactly what your looking for...trifold, solid...it’s very well made. You can open it from the back or the front. Nice locking mechanism. I actually had installed the extang solid fold on my carbon pro before GM had finished their cover. I used some metal zip ties to attach the solid fold to the eye hooks in the bed. It was fully functional. 

Thanks! Sounds like you understand what I'm saying. Can you post a link of the exact one you bought?

Edited by Ryan Beardsley

On 4/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, MWW1 Engineering & Prototype Services said:

Hello All,

No drilling or modifications to the truck required.  

Thanks,
-mww

[email protected]

MWW1 - Cabon Pro Bed Clamp.pdf 269.55 kB · 9 downloads

Order placed along with https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4/2020/gmc/sierra-1500 can't wait to get it installed.  Now if only https://decked.com/products/decked-gmc-sierra-1500?variant=13509548572738 would produce a system for the CarbonPro, I would be done with the bed :)

On 4/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, Shawn Garneau said:

Can you provide the part number or link for the trifold solid tonneau cover that you purchased from GM?

On 4/23/2020 at 10:27 PM, GrandVader said:

Just got an update that clamps are ready for Powdercoat.  Picked up my Revolver X4 bedcover today and cant wait to get it installed.  Damn box is huge...trying to figure out ways to hide it...LOL

84522968-C40F-433A-B38E-3F5BE822621E.jpeg

79A87C0B-9E85-46A0-81CD-44E152ADA107.jpeg

3BAC1C9E-8BE2-4042-AE14-CC6AF080551A.png

Looking forward to seeing how this works, need a tonneau cover ASAP but if this work and I don’t have to do any drilling then I am going to pull the trigger. Keep us updated please.