Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

So I sprayed out the hole with some compressed air and wiped out with a Q-tip, then tried to thread the bolt again.  It started out a little better and threaded in farther, but it still wasn't right.  This time the bolt got stuck in the nut and trying to back it out just spins the nut in the carbon fiber.  I had to take off the tail light to get vice grips onto the back side of the nut to hold it so I could back the bolt out.  The bolt eventually just broke off inside the nut, thankfully the bolt doesn't stick out.  I'm not sure it matters.  There are 6 bolts on the drivers side and now 5 on the passenger side which I think will be enough to hold a cover in place.  I'm probably going to get a Bak Flip MX4.

I installed the LIteRider from Access tonneau covers.  US made and I've installed one version or another on 4 trucks I've had.  Easy installation though time consuming.  There is drilling involved on the CarbonPro, but with their guide piece its fairly easy.  Free shipping and I lost one of the U-Nuts.  Called them and Access sent me a bag full of new installation parts.  

On 10/6/2020 at 3:18 PM, Heinzy said:

Would like to see Peragon and some of the other (non-trifold) companies offer some options. With the pre-drilled holes on the carbon pro box, it would seem like a minimal (installation) engineering effort if the cover fits the same.

I even tried to pay Retrax on T&M to engineer a fix, but that failed..lol I then tried to get them to just tell me if the bolts and clamps were the old issue or was anything else. They confirmed it was just the clamps.  

So I’m with you on this, seems so basic and easy to engineer. 

I ended up with a Lomax and eventually will fit the Retrax myself next year as I want the integrated bike rack rails into the cover that they have. 

Hey everyone,

so after reading through this entire post it seems as though the GMC hardcover or the weathertech hardcover ones are the easiest trifold info to install. My question is, has anyone else installed one that flips all the way back to the rear windshield? I saw truckasaurs’ post regarding the bakflip and the stoop YouTube video and I’m interested in this route but would like more validation if this is a good route to go. Want to utilize all of the bed so I don’t need to remove to cover every time I throw the wheeler in the back. Thanks for any and all input!

Mark

The Weathertech is made by Access.  They also make the Lomax Stance which is new and sounds like it is what you are looking for.  They all come with kits for the CarbonPro so no need to drill.  I just ordered a roll up directly from Access today, it shipped same day and looks like I should have it on Wed. 

https://www.agricover.com/lomax-stance-hard-cover/

Edited by Jim Baron

I just recently purchased the Lomax cover and installed the rails.   It was a little rough at first but once you get the hang of it it’s quick.  I then took the cover and laid it on the rails to install, then noticed the edges on both sides of the cover were missing paint in many places.   I also noticed the seals were not as good as I had imagined considering it’s a 1k cover.  Some of the seals were coming apart from the aluminum.  

I am in the process of returning, I think I will be going with a Bak and making it fit as others have done.  I was very disappointed with the quality of the lomax, maybe I received one that was returned? Idk but I am pretty uspet with the time that has been wasted.  

16DDA239-D875-443D-82D4-0B985F3E486F.jpeg

D9D39A83-E82D-4ED6-A083-4F57C07B8896.jpeg

My LOMAX looked nothing like that! That damage is ridiculous and I too would have had it back to them same day. I still have had no issues at all with the LOMAX and even had it wrapped to match my truck with a large AT4 wrapped on the LOMAX cover as well. Something about plain black just gets at me.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, L87Powered said:

I decided to go with the GMC soft tri-fold tonneau cover specifically for CarbonPro bed. Any feedback on this cover is appreciated. I am having it put on Fri. 

I have it and installed myself, wasn't too bad. It leaks a bit, but overall I've been happy with it.