Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a BAK Revolver X4 yesterday using the J-Nuts and bolts from Amazon Spec'd by TomCarbonPro using a similar method to that posted by hammick. I would like to thank them for their posts which made my job much easier.

Here is how I did it:

1. Drilled 1/4" holes in the plastic bed-rail cap at the location of the 6 underlying round holes (aft hole is prethreaded).

2. Marked the fore-aft location of each hole on the bottom edge of the bed-rail cap with a white marker.

3. Set the cover side-rail on the bed rail in the location spec'd by BAK (all the way forward) and marked the fore-aft location of each of the 6 holes with a white marker on the bottom edge of the side-rail.

4. Measured the up-down location of the holes with respect to the bottom edge of the rail cap (which extends below the bottom edge of the side-rail by 4mm). Center of each hole is 12mm up from the bottom edge of the plastic bed-rail cap, so the center of each hole is therefore 8mm up from the bottom edge of the side-rail.

5. Drilled 6 1/4" holes in each of the cover side-rails 8mm up from the bottom edge.

6. Installed 10 J-nuts in the 5 forward holes in each side of the bed, the aft hole on each side is prethreaded.

7. Set the side-rails on the bed rails and installed the 6mm bolts, loosely at first until all were installed then tightened them all. Each bolt also has its own washer. The front bolt was the hardest to get to, so (on the second side) I installed this bolt first.

8. Rolled the cover onto the side-rails, adjusted fore and aft til aligned, bolted cover into place.

Notes:

1. BAK sends out adhesive pads to shim the side-rail for different contour bed rails. I considered the CarbonPro bed-rails as "straight" and didn't use these shims.

2. The clamp on the left side-rail didn't close tightly against the "teeth" that hold the cover closed/locked. I used a small piece of one of the adhesive shims to shim up the button that pushes the clamp down by the latch so the clamp rotates further closed. This worked well but I'll manufacture a more rigid/permanent solution when I get a chance.

3. I'll post photos later today or tomorrow.

I should also note that I am a new member, first-time poster, and recent bedcover forum lurker. I recently moved up from a '16 Yukon XL to a '20 AT4 CarbonPro and couldn't be happier.

I emailed bak they said something should be out after new year! An I jus don’t like the Gm one! Holding out for tht! Let’s see! I think with some time we will see more options for the carbonpro! Fingers crossed! [emoji1696]contacted in shop near me they said they could get a leer on there but had to drill into the bed! Not feeling tht at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my Carbon Pro AT4 and read all through this thread to find a hard tri-fold. After it all I ended up with LOMAX.

https://www.agricover.com/hard-tonneau-covers/ 

USA made for the Carbon Pro, both tailgate versions for some reason, free shipping and I had it installed in about 30 mins. I got the matte black one and it actually matched the bed rails pretty nicely. Couple of vids online for the Carbon Pro install as well. 

Just stupid simple but the top is heavy, thinking I remember seeing 78lbs on the shipping box. Hope this helps! I can throw some pics up if you all want of mine.

Edited by IwannaFish

Just bought my Carbon Pro AT4 and read all through this thread to find a hard tri-fold. After it all I ended up with LOMAX.
 https://www.agricover.com/hard-tonneau-covers/ 
USA made for the Carbon Pro, both tailgate versions for some reason, free shipping and I had it installed in about 30 mins. I got the matte black one and it actually matched the bed rails pretty nicely. Couple of vids online for the Carbon Pro install as well. 
 Just stupid simple but the top is heavy, thinking I remember seeing 78lbs on the shipping box. Hope this helps! I can throw some pics up if you all want of mine.

Notice any leaking? How is the fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit is absolutely perfect, even over the tailgate. The aluminum panels are sick sturdy and probably the strongest top I have ever had and I usually trade up trucks every three years and had a different top on each. If this top holds up over time it will be my "go to" brand from here on. I will get some photos up today and you can judge for yourself. Like I said, I chose the matte black one but you may want one of the other colors, I have even seen a few that had their tops vinyl wrapped to match their truck.

Would like to see Peragon and some of the other (non-trifold) companies offer some options. With the pre-drilled holes on the carbon pro box, it would seem like a minimal (installation) engineering effort if the cover fits the same.

Hi everyone.  I have a 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 Carbon Pro as well and I've been following this thread since I bought the truck back in March 2020.  I purchased the J-Nuts as linked on page 6 of this thread by TomCarbonPro and similar M6-1.0 x 25mm bolts from Amazon.  I sacrificed one of the J-Nuts to use as a guide for drilling through the plastic bed rail cover and everything worked out great.  I did have a problem though with the passenger side pre-threaded hole nearest the tailgate.  The M6-1.0 bolt will not thread in to it.  The driver side worked just fine and threaded in perfectly.  Has anyone had any problems with the passenger side pre-threaded hole?  Is it a different bolt that fits here?

37 minutes ago, Flappjakk said:

Hi everyone.  I have a 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 Carbon Pro as well and I've been following this thread since I bought the truck back in March 2020.  I purchased the J-Nuts as linked on page 6 of this thread by TomCarbonPro and similar M6-1.0 x 25mm bolts from Amazon.  I sacrificed one of the J-Nuts to use as a guide for drilling through the plastic bed rail cover and everything worked out great.  I did have a problem though with the passenger side pre-threaded hole nearest the tailgate.  The M6-1.0 bolt will not thread in to it.  The driver side worked just fine and threaded in perfectly.  Has anyone had any problems with the passenger side pre-threaded hole?  Is it a different bolt that fits here?

Nah, it's the same bolt.  You might need to chase the threads with a tap if HW3's suggestion above doesn't work.  Probably some paint or something similar on the threads.