Tonneau cover for CarbonPro??

On 6/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, Bernardo Fanti said:

To be absolutely sure before I pull the trigger (brand new 2020 Sierra AT4 CarbonPro Duramax!), this is the WeatherTech that fits without modifications?

https://www.weathertech.com/gmc/2020/sierra-1500/alloycover/sierra-box-size-4th/short-box-69/bedside-storage-box-4/no/gm-carbonpro-bed/yes/?OrderItemId=2109600505

Thanks!

That's exactly what I have on my truck.

Am I missing something or did GMC suddenly come out with the OEM hard tri-fold that wasn't there just recently?

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/short-bed-hard-tri-fold-tonneau-cover-(for-models-with-carbonpro-bed)-84791287?year=2020&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&body=Crew Cab Pickup&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=AT4&trimId=5102

Should I get this or the WeaterTech?

I'm concerned if the WeatherTech is the same as the Lomax it will have the same issues...

38 minutes ago, Bernardo Fanti said:

Am I missing something or did GMC suddenly come out with the OEM hard tri-fold that wasn't there just recently?

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/short-bed-hard-tri-fold-tonneau-cover-(for-models-with-carbonpro-bed)-84791287?year=2020&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&body=Crew Cab Pickup&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=AT4&trimId=5102

Should I get this or the WeaterTech?

I'm concerned if the WeatherTech is the same as the Lomax it will have the same issues...

They have been there; however, from what I have been told, they have been unavailable since they are made in China.  Part of this new CarbonPro bed is the trial and error for us that want to add or modify our trucks without having to wait.  If you really like the WeatherTech and don't want to wait, I say take the gamble and see if it will work.  I took a gamble with my bed cover and I am very thankful it worked out perfectly. 

On 6/15/2020 at 11:23 AM, GrandVader said:

They have been there; however, from what I have been told, they have been unavailable since they are made in China.  Part of this new CarbonPro bed is the trial and error for us that want to add or modify our trucks without having to wait.  If you really like the WeatherTech and don't want to wait, I say take the gamble and see if it will work.  I took a gamble with my bed cover and I am very thankful it worked out perfectly. 

The GM Hard Cover is 20% off if you purchase through GM Accessories.  Good deal on the dealer install as well if you don't want to do it yourself.  My arrived at the dealer in one day.  a bit longer before it is installed.  Looking forward to the secure storage.

22 hours ago, Ryan Trenka said:

Hey guys. Any feedback after using the clamps form MWW1 designs for the Rollup cover? Im curious how they have held up after using them for a month or so. 

I used the MWW1 clamps to install my BAK RevolverX4 cover.  Haven't had any issue whatsoever.  Talked to Matt and he made some tweaks to make the system much more solid and OCD friendly...LOL.  Great product...Highly recommend it for CarbronPro owner looking for a clean install of a bedcover without the need to drill into the bed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 2:32 PM, Peter Bittner said:

WeatherTech released their own hard cover tonneau for the carbon pro, it looks very similar to the Lomax posted above.  Mine just came today and I'm super happy with it, definitely nicer in my opinion when compared to the OEM soft cover.

20200522_121102.jpg

3 minutes ago, j7chico said:

I just received the weathertech cover mentioned in this thread.   I thought this was installed without any modifications but the installation instructions are telling me to drill holes in the bed.  Did I misunderstand?

Anyone have any other luck with other tonneaus?  I'm going to pick up an AT4 Carbon Pro this weekend and debating if I should get the GM cover or something else.

I've got the GMC soft tri fold and so far like it. It does leak a bit, but when talking to others, it sounds like a majority of them do to some extent. It was fairly easy to install, just had to drill some holes in upper plastic pieces and they give you tools to line it up easy, nothing drilled through bed. They had a latch recall, but that was fixed before I ordered mine.

Anyone have any other luck with other tonneaus?  I'm going to pick up an AT4 Carbon Pro this weekend and debating if I should get the GM cover or something else.

I got the GM trifold hard cover and really like it. Watertight for the most part as well. It also looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, 20Sierra20 said:

I got the GM trifold hard cover and really like it. Watertight for the most part as well. It also looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you install it?  Difficult?  Not sure about Carbon Pro installation and if holes are required to be drilled.  Hopefully not.

24 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Did you install it?  Difficult?  Not sure about Carbon Pro installation and if holes are required to be drilled.  Hopefully not.

I installed my GM tri fold, think I may have commented back on it in this thread. Pretty easy, just have to drill through the upper plastic pieces along the edge, not the bed. They give you a little tool to help line it up. I think I rated it a 2-3 beer job.