Anyone know part number for trailer camera that plugs into ports on rear bumper?

Just out of curiosity, dies any one know what it would take to make a trouble shooting cable

that could be plugged into the trailer connector of the truck so it would think it had a trailer connected?

Maybe an incadesant bulb wired to the running between running light connector and ground?

don't know how much load it needs 

Not sure if this is what you looking for or not...If you haven't ordered the truck yet...

"TRO - LPO, Auxiliary Trailer Camera wired, one camera and hardware, shipped loose for dealer or aftermarket installation, additional camera available as a GM Accessory (wire length is 59', [8m]) (Requires (UVN) Bed View Camera, (CWM) Technology Package or (CMT) Goose Neck/5th wheel package.)"

Included that on mine when ordered, but haven't received the truck yet so not sure if it will show up as specified yet or not...

Curious to see if any aftermarket cameras will work... hate to be restricted to GM's $350+ camera.

I bought the one listed above and haven’t installed it on the trailer yet. 

Did plugged it in just to make sure it connected ok.

had to plug in the trailer 7 way connector to get it to go into trailer mode to see it. 

Already had 3 Rear View safety wired cameras on the trailer but wasn’t sure how to get cable for monitor into the cab.

One day I’ll get them all hooked up and see what I like the best.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine39 said:

had to plug in the trailer 7 way connector to get it to go into trailer mode to see it. 

Already had 3 Rear View safety wired cameras on the trailer but wasn’t sure how to get cable for monitor into the cab.

What plugs are being used / pre-wired? Some trailer cameras seem to have the old 's-video' pin connectors, some RCA plugs. Hard to tell what GMC is installing.

Bet someone makes an adapter somewhere...

8 hours ago, WhitProcter said:

What plugs are being used / pre-wired? Some trailer cameras seem to have the old 's-video' pin connectors, some RCA plugs. Hard to tell what GMC is installing.

Bet someone makes an adapter somewhere...

20190712_215250.thumb.jpg.54f1567558d8c3f28fa7f54a7a7a193f.jpg

20190725_171820.jpg

Edited by sdelam
  • Like 2

I have another question about adding the 2 auxiliary  rear outside and inside trailer cameras.  i have a 2020 LTZ with the premium package which includes the technology package with the HD surround vision w/ 2 camera provisions. when i add 2 of the cameras listed in the above posts do all of the other camera views still work as they do now, i'am confused because i  have seen some posts over in the 1500 section that they loose the front camera view when you have the technology pkg.  that doesn't seem right to me that the hd surround camera would include 2 extra auxiliary ports if it would change /disrupt the system in any way.  

2 hours ago, jd64 said:

I have another question about adding the 2 auxiliary  rear outside and inside trailer cameras.  i have a 2020 LTZ with the premium package which includes the technology package with the HD surround vision w/ 2 camera provisions. when i add 2 of the cameras listed in the above posts do all of the other camera views still work as they do now, i'am confused because i  have seen some posts over in the 1500 section that they loose the front camera view when you have the technology pkg.  that doesn't seem right to me that the hd surround camera would include 2 extra auxiliary ports if it would change /disrupt the system in any way.  

I only used one trailer camera but all other cameras worked as normal when selected. Only issue i had was using the transparent trailer view. there is a calibration that requires you to drive in a straight line under 30mph. it says at least 60' but mine took nearly a mile. while towing i lost the calibration several times when stopping for fuel and could not get it back at highway speeds.

Edited by sdelam

10 hours ago, sdelam said:

I only used one trailer camera but all other cameras worked as normal when selected. Only issue i had was using the transparent trailer view. there is a calibration that requires you to drive in a straight line under 30mph. it says at least 60' but mine took nearly a mile. while towing i lost the calibration several times when stopping for fuel and could not get it back at highway speeds.

Great info. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sdelam or anyone who has a camera for the GMC truck can you measure the OD of the plug. I have run 1/2" EMT conduit in the roof of my trailer. I utilized a generic standard RCA male and female connectors to see if it would fit. But looking at the pictures I am not sure. As you can see the is at the ramp end on my race car trailer. I also installed a pull cord (yellow).

Thanks

Chuck

20190901_162653.jpg

56 minutes ago, Gecko50 said:

Hey sdelam or anyone who has a camera for the GMC truck can you measure the OD of the plug. I have run 1/2" EMT conduit in the roof of my trailer. 

Trailer is in for repairs but the cord wont fit through a 1/2" conduit with the end attached. It has 2 "pull handles" attached to to the plug that are about an inch wide each set at 90 degrees from each other. 

20190725_171807.jpg

Edited by sdelam