Anyone know part number for trailer camera that plugs into ports on rear bumper?

2 more observations, it appears that there is a hex type of crimp made, which is common for coax. I also see it appears the ferrule appears to be threaded as it has a grip type exterior to assist in tightening without slipping on the connector. But why is the inside of the boot a small round metal, what was the mating part, was that lost on the cable destruction? 

Chuck 

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like that is coaxial cable, not triaxial.

They could send power and signal on the same cable. Just like they do with Direct TV satellite dishes. It makes aftermarket cameras more difficult...

If you know any Ham Radio operators one of them could probably crimp or solder a different connector (maybe a SMA)?

You would need to do this on both the truck end and camera end.

Search for RG58 SMA connector on You Tube there is a video that shows how to install a crimp on connector if you have the Hex crimper.

If you were in Phoenix I could install the connectors in a few minutes, there is bound to be someone that could do it in your area.

When I have time I will see how much extra coax there is under the truck. If there’s a little slack it would be easy to cut the coax and put connectors on both ends. I could add a set of camera jacks in the bed for a fifth wheel or gooseneck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I currently have a furrion wireless camera on the back of my fifth wheel with extra monitor.  Would love to be able to use the gmc screen so I wouldn't have to have an extra screen sitting there.  However the GMC camera is a "wired" camera.  How do you run the wiring from the back of your camping trailer to the plug without it looking cheesy? 

i found a 'hole' at the front of my horse trailer where the manufacturer had run the wires for the brakes/lights.  There is a track all the way to the back of the trailer so i used it for my camera cable also...at the front, it drops directly down around the gooseneck hitch, so i cable clamped it backwards to just over the trucks connection.  CAUTION! i did not allow for a sharp turn of the gooseneck and the first time i did that the camera cables ripped out of the truck connection and i will have to get new connectors which have been difficult to find!! 

Could you also cable clamp the wiring underneath your trailer to the rear? i used self tapping metal screws and it was fairly easy...

I looked under my truck today.

The camera cable is RG-58, 50 ohm coax.

0439423b5b04dc8ea8149c593096f251.jpg

If I had damage to the connector I would just replace it with a compression F connector. Direct TV uses these outdoors in all US climate zones.

Put in a splitter and you can have jacks for your 5th wheel and on your bumper. I would cut off the camera plug and replace wi a F connector as well.

0b4195921ae6ed514f524b612c0efb26.jpga9eb68568b20b55a3edf477e8794465e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, kf9yr said:

I looked under my truck today.

The camera cable is RG-58, 50 ohm coax.

0439423b5b04dc8ea8149c593096f251.jpg

If I had damage to the connector I would just replace it with a compression F connector. Direct TV uses these outdoors in all US climate zones.

Put in a splitter and you can have jacks for your 5th wheel and on your bumper. I would cut off the camera plug and replace wi a F connector as well.

0b4195921ae6ed514f524b612c0efb26.jpga9eb68568b20b55a3edf477e8794465e.jpg

WRONG. RG-58 is a standard in radio and GPS. we commonly use it in aircraft. Directv does NOT use this. They use RG-6 and sometimes RG-59 if the installer is lazy. In addition you cannot use a splitter in this application. If you listen to this guy your camera will be damaged at the least.

I didn’t say Direct TV uses RG59 or RG58. I said they use F-connectors...

They use RG6 because it is lower loss at the microwave frequencies they are using than RG59.

RG58 is 50 ohm RG59 is 75 ohm. At the signal levels used here they would be interchangeable but I didn’t suggest that.

Putting a splitter won’t damage your camera. Even if you were so incompetent that you inverted the signal and ground it wouldn’t hurt the camera. The voltage that powers the camera is supplied by the truck. I would put a 50 ohm terminating cap resistor on the unused terminal.

It wouldn’t be a good idea to ground the unused terminal.

I will order a camera.