Tonneau Covers - 6'9" Standard Bed

For those of you with a 2020 HD and a MX4, when the cover is completely folded up against the back window, does it block the review view camera or the bed gooseneck hitch camera?

I want to have all my bed space for toys and or a gooseneck hitch. My cover on my last truck was a fold-a-cover hard folding and it took up a good foot of the bed when folded up.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cNate said:

For those of you with a 2020 HD and a MX4, when the cover is completely folded up against the back window, does it block the review view camera or the bed gooseneck hitch camera?

I want to have all my bed space for toys and or a gooseneck hitch. My cover on my last truck was a fold-a-cover hard folding and it took up a good foot of the bed when folded up.

Thanks!

It does not block the camera, the cover and tailgate will close regradless of the others position. to open, you must open at least the top part of the multipro in order to open the cover.

• Like 1

It does not block the camera, the cover and tailgate will close regradless of the others position. to open, you must open at least the top part of the multipro in order to open the cover.

Thank you!

Just ordered up a MX4 online for $775+ tax.  Most amazing part is it shipped from Indiana to Syracuse in 2 days.

Now to get my truck....

Mind sharing the site you ordered from?

just installed the BAK roll up cover, not sure how i feel about it. i had the hard flip cover on my last truck, it blocked the entire rear window (issue solved with rear camera mirror) but the longer bed of the 2500 requires a top plate that sticks out 6" into the truck bed.

so i figured i would try the roll up cover. i guess its easier to open by way of rolling it up, but the strap latches seem like they face the wrong direction. doesn't allow the roll to roll all the way up!

i think if i turn the buckles around i can get it to roll up farther and stay more secure.

it looks nice, i guess we have to see how long it lasts.

i really wish someone made a hard cover that weighs about half as much, and has a quick easy release so you can remove the whole damn thing in under a minute. has the ability to stow it alongside one the bed rails so you can truly have FULL access to the bed if you need to load an ATV or something like that and still close the tailgate.

i guess i am going to have to modify it with some thumb wheel nuts so it can be a tool-less removal and some straps along the bedside to stow it.

ill decide if it's worth the effort based on how many times i need the full access.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:31 PM, cNate said:

Mind sharing the site you ordered from?

Realtruck.com

I messaged them from the F150 forum I am on but if you contact them I'd imagine they will match the deal.

• Like 1

Just installed my MX4 on my AT4. Those of you who have the same setup, what did you do with the drain lines? The holes on the floor of the bed upfront are too small to run the tube. The standard AT4 liner appears to be blocking whatever the factory drains are unless it’s behind this plug?

Was hesitant to pull it out as I suspect it hods the liner in.

356b82617fadc1ddaeb7dc22ef027f0d.jpg

dadbd770b470d9d08fbd28b38b782cfb.jpg

Pretty sure it’s this plug. Will test it by running a little water in there and see if it drops below the truck!! [emoji23][emoji23]

b14f620f5c9dfc30c190966d5ead132e.jpg

3 hours ago, cNate said:

Pretty sure it’s this plug. Will test it by running a little water in there and see if it drops below the truck!! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

b14f620f5c9dfc30c190966d5ead132e.jpg

That's where I ran mine to

• Like 1

That's where I ran mine to

I climbed under the truck and looked to see where the water is going. It ultimate makes its way to the ground. We’re dumping water on a few items that are sealed in plastic. I have no idea what they’re or what their function is. Mostly plastic so should be ok. It’s a minimal amount of water. My old truck and cover didn’t even have this option to dump water and it stayed dry in my bed.

2 hours ago, cNate said:

I climbed under the truck and looked to see where the water is going. It ultimate makes its way to the ground. We’re dumping water on a few items that are sealed in plastic. I have no idea what they’re or what their function is. Mostly plastic so should be ok. It’s a minimal amount of water. My old truck and cover didn’t even have this option to dump water and it stayed dry in my bed.

the passenger side drains nicely, the drivers side is above the fuel inlet and leaks through the seem between the side and the floor of the bed, its minimal but that area does get wet in the rain. 

very impressed with the Retrax Pro XR.. it's got the T-slot rail that takes most aftermarket roof rack manufacturers (Thule/Yakima/etc).

I picked up two of them and got them for about $1,600/ea

I got my Retrax Pro MX today, ordered from Amazon for just under $1600. Installation took some time and troubleshooting getting the rails lined up and the driver side rail needed a slight notch put into it to clear the assist bar. I called Retrax and they said a few customers have had the same problem and some have not, and they encouraged me to make a notch in the rail and assured it would not void warranty.