Tonneau Covers - 6'9" Standard Bed

On 9/4/2019 at 8:12 PM, powerhaulic said:

Decided I didn't want to spend any money on vinyl covers. The X15 material is fine but want a tri fold not a roll up.

So I took my Lund Elite tri fold added a 3" x 1/4" rubber flap across the front, seals and looks fine.

Was the Lund Elite tri fold made for your 2018? How was the width for fitting as the 2020 is wider at the cab? I am looking for a used tri-fold to get me by until I buy a new topper.

I saw the F250's have a similar sized box from website comparison charts and might find a used one to try out. I was going to stop at a dealer and measure a box one of these days.

2020 box: 64" ID at cab, 62" ID at tailgate, 6' 8.5" / 80.5" ID top of box

1 hour ago, SkidooSteve12 said:

Was the Lund Elite tri fold made for your 2018? How was the width for fitting as the 2020 is wider at the cab? I am looking for a used tri-fold to get me by until I buy a new topper.

I saw the F250's have a similar sized box from website comparison charts and might find a used one to try out. I was going to stop at a dealer and measure a box one of these days.

I tried to use my BakFlip that came off my 2017 F250, but it was about 1.5" too narrow at the tailgate. The front fit fine, but the GM beds taper in width from front to back. I got a new one for my Silverado and am selling the one off the F250.

Edited by ShotgunZ71

2 hours ago, SkidooSteve12 said:

Yes the cover was on my '18 std box

Actually width was fine, just covering the stake pockets and looks good.

Length was short, i riveted a strip of rubber belting under the front rail on the cover to extend the 3" needed to cover the box.

I am happy, and I really liked the Elite cover. Lund estimates 10-12mo before they have covers.

Edited by powerhaulic

On 9/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, powerhaulic said:

Length was short, i riveted a strip of rubber belting under the front rail on the cover to extend the 3" needed to cover the box.

I am happy, and I really liked the Elite cover. Lund estimates 10-12mo before they have covers.

Where did you get the rubber belting from? I bought some from Tractor Supply but it is only 4" X 60" long and I need a longer piece to cover the entire width.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, powerhaulic said:

Where did you get the rubber belting from? I bought some from Tractor Supply but it is only 4" X 60" long and I need a longer piece to cover the entire width.