Remove fender vent badges?

Specifically what I want to know, are these basically 3 pieces stuck together?
6.2L plate stuck to the black plastic piece stuck to the grey bezel and that all is clipped to the fender or is it all one piece that cannot be separated?

11 hours ago, brianc636 said:

I think they’re a single unit.

I had looked at spares to get for a custom project but they were a little pricey and didn’t want to blow $250.00 for a “guess”.

Theyre $120 from your dealer or $80 from gm parts direct. I ordered an extra set and sent them off for modeling for custom badges. I didnt even open the box though so i cant answer the original question

I was bored today so I removed the wheel, inner wheel well and reached up there with pliers to release the clips to remove the vent badge. It's non functional and unless you use a dremel to cut away the plastic welds, the 3 pieces isn't coming apart.

4 hours ago, brianc636 said:

Well....that really sucks....

Yep. My idea for custom badges went out the window. I wanted to keep the bezel and remove the black piece to have a new badge made and insert it back into the bezel piece.
I don't want to have to buy a new one if I can't get them apart the way I need to.
Just by looking at it I'm not convinced all the tabs will stay on the backing once one takes a dremel to all the plastic welds to try to separate the pieces.

I tried getting under it with the edge of a razor knife and the way the black piece is molded around the edge where the 6.2L plate sits in there (recessed) I wasn't having any luck getting behind it and didn't want to mar up the black, so I gave up

You could likely get someone like Emblem Pros to make you a custom badge. Do the plain jane trucks just have a plain black cover? Other than that you would have to cut it out of the fender, weld in a metal piece, do body work and repaint. I think myself I would just leave it alone. imo

• 3 months later...