Cleaned upper intake with seafoam now....

So last night I bought some of the seafoam upper intake cleaner and fogged my truck. I followed the instructions but this morning on the way to work I noticed when the AFM switches from v4-v8 it shutters and it wasn't doing that before. Is it possible when I disconnected the intake the MAF sensor got out of whack because the airflow was disturbed and it will reset or have I messed up something? Thought about disconnecting the battery this afternoon and seeing it everything will reset. What's strange is the video I watched on how to do the process on seafoam's website is the 5.3 GM engine.

Well I don't have a CEL. After doing the spray I let it sit for 10mins then drove it hard for about 10mins until the white smoke stopped. Did some 20-90mph WOT pulls and it ran great. I also did not spray anything near the MAF, I sprayed the cleaner directly into the throttlebody.

39 minutes ago, BeerPwningTexan said:

Did you throttle engine and hold at 2000rpm's while applying entire contents of can before the 10 minute heat soak phase? 

Yes I did, my dad was rev'ing the truck to 2000 while I emptied the can in the throttlebody.

3 hours ago, sam hain said:

I'll drive it hard on the way home and see if anything changes. Other than that I'm lost.

let it warm up before mashing it.

This will make sure that the CATS are up to temperature to let anything burn off.

Edited by BlancoSilverado

Cleaned my dad's '16 sierra 5.3 last night but he bought CRC intake valve cleaner. His procedure was different from mine with sea foam. I think next time I'll try the CRC. According to some info I found you're supposed to clean theses direct inj motors every 7k miles.

Truck just had to relearn is all. I have heard dozens of ways to do this seafoam clean. And I do believe in it but not sure some methods are so good.
So do the 3rd in gas tank, 3rs in oil and 3rd in the intake. Some people pour it into the intake[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk