2020 2500HD tire sizing

On 12/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, cdh7917 said:

Fuel Blitz 20x9 +20 offset & Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/65/20.

Truck is stock as far as suspension goes.

FaCvt9f.jpg

rJGklx4.jpg

ZEB2aNi.jpg

U5EjhMW.jpg

Truck looks great with that wheel and tire combo! How do those tires compare to the factory tires in terms of ride and road noise?

18 hours ago, Roadrunner45 said:

That's a full 35.12 dia. tire and your truck isn't an AT4 I take it no issues with rubbing forward or reverse at lock? That's a really nice wheel and tire package sets the truck off nicely as the colors blend well.

Thanks for posting this makes me feel a bit more confident about the Nitto's I was considering mounting on my pickup.

Thank you for the compliments; I'm really happy with the way the whole truck has come together.

As was mentioned, it is an AT4 2500 from which I removed the badging. 

37 minutes ago, MrChips said:

Truck looks great with that wheel and tire combo! How do those tires compare to the factory tires in terms of ride and road noise?

Thanks!  So far, I haven't noticed them to be any louder than the stockers.  If they are, it's very minimal and not at all obnoxious.  I have a 42 mile commute (one way) to work, and road manners were a big concern of mine as well.  Hopefully as they wear they don't increase too much in noise.  Ride is also very smooth and comfortable.

Previously, my go to tire was the Nitto Terra Grappler G2.  It's also a great tire, but this time I wanted to have something a little more aggressive looking.  Snow performance is a concern since I'm in Colorado, but from what I've read online, it too is really good.  I should be able to find out this weekend.

Nitto really has good products.  And Discount Tire is easy to work with because if you're not fully satisfied, they'll make it right.  Even after you've driven around on the tires/wheels.

Well I pulled the trigger, installed some 35x12.5R20 Nittos G2s on 20x9 XD Grenades, zero offset.  I have minor rubbing at 60% turn in reverse but other than that, I'm good until upper A-arms come out for leveling kits.

20191220_163517.jpg

20191220_163434.jpg

Edited by inquenciocha
Wording

14 hours ago, inquenciocha said:

All rubbing is on the front wheel liners, easy trim job if need be.

20191220_163222.jpg

20191220_163107.jpg

That’s about where my 295/65/20s rubbed at full lock on my stock suspension. 

Rather than trimming, I made two small slits (1/4”) about 1.5” apart at the very bottom of the liner. Those slits allowed me to thread a zip tie through the liner, which I fastened around the valance support bar.

It gave me enough clearance that I no longer have any rub at all. 

I swapped out the factory Michelin tires for a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70R/18 on the stock rims. The suspension is stock no rubbing thanks for all those who contributed and made the decision easier.  Gained a bit of safety margin in the tires went from 3640 to 4080# . Feeling better backing the RV into a wet area with the ridge grapplers for sure.

Nitto.jpg

At the dealership there was a 2020 sierra 4x4 ltz that had a leveling kit and 22x10 wheels with 35x12.5x22 with no rubbing at all. The ride on the leveling kit was not bad at all. Only if you hit a big hole did you notice a difference. The wider tire looked great and not rounded but looked more squared out if that makes sense. 

On 12/20/2019 at 5:00 PM, inquenciocha said:

Well I pulled the trigger, installed some 35x12.5R20 Nittos G2s on 20x9 XD Grenades, zero offset.  I have minor rubbing at 60% turn in reverse but other than that, I'm good until upper A-arms come out for leveling kits.

20191220_163517.jpg

20191220_163434.jpg

What manufacturer are you looking to go with on the leveling kit?

On 12/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, James89436 said:

Any pics Big Skin?  Been considering 22s but want to see a few before pulling the trigger

Sorry it was a Silverado 2500. I will be putting 22’s on mine however I don’t like how a little tire there is with 35’s but don’t think I can fit 37’s tires with a leveling kit so I may need to do a 4” lift. 

2020 gmc 2500 wheel info: 

The bore hole Is 124mm

The bolt pattern is 8x180
Rough Country 3” leveling kit
sku#95830 has upper control arms and shocks

After you can fit 22x10 8x180 with 124 bore 

you have to trim the inside of the rear wheel well extension and the edge of the front wheel well near the engine heater plug 

Edited by Big Skin
Needed to add info
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, inquenciocha said:

I already purchased 2 1/4 keys from Readylift but was told to wait until upper A-arms come out.

Rough Country 3” leveling kit
sku#95830 has upper control arms and shocks

After you can fit 22x10 8x180 with 124 bore 

you have to trim the inside of the rear wheel well extension and the edge of the front wheel well near the engine heater plug 

C030F85F-AD9D-41DC-A37D-8283166DC653.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 6:38 PM, James89436 said:

Here is my buddy’s truck he just got lifted with a zone lift and 35s.  Because of the offset he had to trim the corner of the bottom front bumper slightly. 

381FC5DC-E315-4EF1-948C-324F00CBFF0A.jpeg

Looks awesome but can he still get under a 5th wheel/gooseneck? 

Edited by inquenciocha