AFM delete

guys any help would be great,

i recently installed a AFM delete kit on my 2010 suburban with the 5.3 motor, 4x4.  after installing all it does is crank and wont start up. i am guessing maybe the camshaft position sensor might need replaced but have no clue why it would be doing this? it ran when i started the swap but had a collapsing lifter issue that was re accruing. 

Should still start even without AFM turned off. Usually the plug is just left out after AFM delete and you can drive it to get a tune.

Did you plug in the coils and is the fuel lines hooked up? Will be a gray plug going to each bank of coils.

I would think you would see fuel running if not but take a look. Are the injectors all unplugged? 

Does anything happen or does it only crank?

On 9/18/2019 at 5:58 PM, Joel Starling said:

guys any help would be great,

i recently installed a AFM delete kit on my 2010 suburban with the 5.3 motor, 4x4.  after installing all it does is crank and wont start up. i am guessing maybe the camshaft position sensor might need replaced but have no clue why it would be doing this? it ran when i started the swap but had a collapsing lifter issue that was re accruing. 

Double check your CMP actuator connector.  There ought to be stored codes by now for this.  Did you also delete VVT or get a VVT, non AFM camshaft?

• 3 weeks later...