3 minutes ago, April Davis said:

This is something that my guy just learned about with his 2020 GMS Sierra SLT- this was never disclosed anytime or anywhere  during the selling of this truck.  THIS SHOULD BE  FULL DISCLOSURE to the customer.  Way to go GMC! now this a serious issue not knowing!  At least Corporate knows🤫- not the consumer! 

LMAO.  Most every vehicle has some sort of speed limiter either electronically controlled or drag limited.  

The owners manual clearly states that a limiter exists.  Page 156 in the GMC book.  GM covered there ass letting customers know that one exists.    

Vehicle Speed Messages SPEED LIMITED TO ****** KM/H (MPH) This message shows that the vehicle speed has been limited to the speed displayed. The limited speed is a protection for various propulsion and vehicle systems, such as lubrication, thermal, brakes, suspension, Teen Driver if equipped, or tires.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, April Davis said:

Way to go GMC! now this a serious issue not knowing

And how is this a serious issue?  I tend to think that driving 100 + mph is a much more serious issue for the most part.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2021 at 9:16 PM, April Davis said:

This is something that my guy just learned about with his 2020 GMS Sierra SLT- this was never disclosed anytime or anywhere  during the selling of this truck.  THIS SHOULD BE  FULL DISCLOSURE to the customer.  Way to go GMC! now this a serious issue not knowing!  At least Corporate knows🤫- not the consumer! 

This is a quality first and only post!

Great job - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1

NHTSA reports; "For more than two decades, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. In 2018, speeding was a contributing factor in 26% of all traffic fatalities.

Further from the CDC:  In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for 28% of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.

Funny that 3 DUI's gets you jail time and a very long loss of license but there are guys that get 3 speeding tickets a year still out acting out. 

I find it quizzical that it is the one speeding or drinking that more times than not survives these incidents.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, swathdiver said:

I had GM cars in the 1980s with them.  

I am actually new to the speed limiter "thing", I guess I obviously haven't street raced enough. I've reached speeds between 100 to 125 with Ford's, Nissan's and GM but this is my first to hit 98mph warning.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedLT said:

I am actually new to the speed limiter "thing", I guess I obviously haven't street raced enough. I've reached speeds between 100 to 125 with Ford's, Nissan's and GM but this is my first to hit 98mph warning.

The limits are set usually first by the tires speed rating and then by driveshaft rpms.  Our V8s can easily push us into the 130s or more depending on the vehicle.