2014-2018 Silverado True Dual Help!! New Member

How's it going guys,

My name is Klein, and I'm new to the forum. I drive a 2018 Silverado Crew LT. My current build sits on a 7" Maxtrac Lift, 20x12 -44 Motiv wheels, and 35x12.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I also have a Hypertech tune and an exhaust.

Now on to the question, I'm sure it's been answered... However, I was going to see if others had a similar issue as myself. Currently, I am running an exhaust setup that is far too quiet for my liking. I have a Flowmaster Super 40 1 in 2 out muffler, straight out the back to duals. Yes, I still have the 3rd cat. I've heard a super 10 and don't like that either. This setup is just way too quiet for me. I have heard several guys around where I live, running true duals with stock manifolds and an h pipe with flowmaster mufflers. Has anyone done this? If so, how do you like it. I'm looking for sound more than performance, I'm happy with how the truck currently drives just looking for a true dual setup. Will doing this void my warranty? Also, anyone who has it what muffler are you running with it? I'm looking for a nice tone when cruising and ALMOST obnoxious when you go heavy on the skinny pedal. Should any exhaust shop be able to fab up a true dual setup? Thank you all for reading, I'm excited to be a part of the forum.

Since your in Texass I’d recommend checking out these guys. Plenty of videos of these trucks posted on YouTube true duals with different mufflers, tips, ect. If it wasn’t a 24 hour round trip for me this is where I would have had mine done. 

http://www.kinneysmufflershop.com/kinneysmufflershop.com/HOME.html

As far as warranty anything behind the cats should be fair game once you mess with the cats technically your SOL according to corporate GM. Every stealership is different & some like to blame everything on “aftermarket/non factory parts” (windshield washer stops working it’s cause your tires are 2 sizes over stock). I stopped using my local one 7 miles from the house cause they like to play this game & now drive right by them on my way to the one that doesn’t seem to care about all my mods 30 miles farther down the road. If you were to have a catastrophic failure corporate GM can/will override a dealer on repairs for a non stock truck. Does it happen often? NO, but there is documented cases of it happening. Since your lifted & tuned already odds are anything “they” would deny a claim for due to exhaust “they” would also blame your tune and/or lift anyway...

Can most any exhaust shop fab up a duel system? Sure but you get what you pay for and it’s only going to be as good as the guy running the pipe bender and welder. And there’s a hella lot of guys doing pipes that shouldn’t be. Seen lots of shitty bends/welds when I was still wrenching...

Thanks wforrest08, I appreciate the response. That helped out with my decision. I called a well known shop around here that does good work. Got a quote for 450$ + tax to cut the y pipe and make true duals, x pipe, 2 mufflers, and tips. Next question, is there anyone on here running true duals? If anyone could chime in on what mufflers to go with for true duals that’d help a lot! The guy at she shop recommended super 10s. However, I feel like y’all know better than I do what would sound like I described prior. Thanks for the help!

33 minutes ago, Klein Wilhelmi said:

i'd like to stick to flowmaster. Just debating between original 40s, super 44s, or super 10s if any of you have experience with any of these on a true dual setup.

I am running headers ,  true duels X Pipe  with flowmaster FX mufflers ,  mine isn't loud , but nice deep tone.  Low RPM cruise had a bit of some drone , wasnt too bad , radio covered it...  AFM tuned so no V4 .... 

After re gear for 4.56 ...  no drone at all cruising at higher rpms .

I am considering a change to Borla ...  these FX are cheap but have a decent sound 

19 minutes ago, FlipZ71 said:

I am running headers ,  true duels X Pipe  with flowmaster FX mufflers ,  mine isn't loud , but nice deep tone.  Low RPM cruise had a bit of some drone , wasnt too bad , radio covered it...  AFM tuned so no V4 .... 

After re gear for 4.56 ...  no drone at all cruising at higher rpms .

I am considering a change to Borla ...  these FX are cheap but have a decent sound 

Thanks man! I won't be running headers and also have v4 disabled! Thanks for the input!