New guy, need help my friends!

That's no favor from them. Any service department could have offered you that deal. It used to be called "Goodwill" and no deductible applied until every claim was done that way and people abused it. Now GM dealerships have a calculator they can run the repair through and determine the deductible to the customer when slightly out of warranty. The longer out/higher mileage the higher the more the customer participation is $$. Those parts are all swaps through TechniCar so the General will only pay around $400 bucks plus warranty labor time. I used to do this for all good customers to gain their maintenance and gravy work. Id make the dealer pay the deductible. Good Luck! 

Edited by Denali34

54 minutes ago, Denali34 said:

That's no favor from them. Any service department could have offered you that deal. It used to be called "Goodwill" and no deductible applied until every claim was done that way and people abused it. Now GM dealerships have a calculator they can run the repair through and determine the deductible to the customer when slightly out of warranty. The longer out/higher mileage the higher the more the customer participation is $$. Those parts are all swaps through TechniCar so the General will only pay around $400 bucks plus warranty labor time. I used to do this for all good customers to gain their maintenance and gravy work. Id make the dealer pay the deductible. Good Luck! 

That may all be true, but I’d pay the $125 and be happy.  They didn’t need to do anything.  They stepped up even if it didn’t cost them much.  Pay the funds and call it done.

• Like 1

That may all be true, but I’d pay the $125 and be happy.  They didn’t need to do anything.  They stepped up even if it didn’t cost them much.  Pay the funds and call it done.

Don’t get me wrong if you feel like you’re getting a deal then it worked and you “won”. I loved people like you. I made my living for many many years that way. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Denali34 said:

Don’t get me wrong if you feel like you’re getting a deal then it worked and you “won”. I loved people like you. I made my living for many many years that way. emoji1303.png

Okay, but what effort is it going to take for the OP to get out of paying $125?  I recognize that he may be able to really win and pay nothing, but at what cost?  I think the “people like you” are people that don’t want to spend any more time on an aggravating situation.  Plus, there is no guarantee that he’ll win.  I think you made your living playing the odds.  All’s fair.  That still gets him out of paying the full boat.  It’s even better than what you think GM will have to pay.

I’m still with taking the hit of $125 and getting on with his life unless the $125 is truly a financial hardship, which could always be possible.

Okay, but what effort is it going to take for the OP to get out of paying $125?  I recognize that he may be able to really win and pay nothing, but at what cost?  I think the “people like you” are people that don’t want to spend any more time on an aggravating situation.  Plus, there is no guarantee that he’ll win.  I think you made your living playing the odds.  All’s fair.  That still gets him out of paying the full boat.  It’s even better than what you think GM will have to pay.  

I’m still with taking the hit of $125 and getting on with his life unless the $125 is truly a financial hardship, which could always be possible.

Like I said before. If he feels he won then all is great! Everybody won in that situation. What’s a $125 in the grand scheme of it? An oil change or a couple tanks of fuel? [emoji6] Great deal!

I honestly don’t mind paying the $125. I was offered an extended warranty and turned it down. While this, and all dealerships should offer a minimum 30 day on any used purchase, they don’t and I knew it. The service manager is in constant contact me and I feel like they want my business. There was even a small dent in the rear door when I bought it, manager saw it today and had there dent guy who only comes once a week go ahead and pull it for me, no charge. I know it’s all a game, I know if I push I might get it all for free but it’s just not worth it to me when I honestly feel like they are trying to help me.
These repairs are costing me less than a pizza dinner for me, my wife and 4 hungry hippo boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bentarm13 said:

I honestly don’t mind paying the $125. I was offered an extended warranty and turned it down. While this, and all dealerships should offer a minimum 30 day on any used purchase, they don’t and I knew it. 

Well said!   I'm glad they made the right choice to help you but not surprised they made you sweat a little.  

Alright folks here’s my update. Got the truck back after 2 weeks. Mirror, radio and dent fixed. Total for me $114. I’m happy, glad to have my new truck back. I could have fought for free repairs but it just wasn’t worth it. Got her back, now I can keep modding. 
*America!

• Like 2