Cruise control

Your truck hates you, because you spill fuel on the side of it when you fill up, and you let the oil level get too low because you don't check it often enough.

Or maybe the switch has gone bad, or the wiring to the switch has failed, or the switch on the brake pedal has failed (I think there are two switches on the pedal that have to work).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All fuses are good and all lights are working. The 2 issues I have are the cruise just stopped working. Odometer works fine. The other is the air blows cold on hot and hot on cold. The lights didn't work on the climate control box so I swapped out for one identical from a junk yard. Immediately lights worked but the climate was backwards. So I swapped back. It didn't change. So it seems to be permanent now. I've left my battery un plugged for over 24hrs . I've pulled the fuse. And nothing changes

1571404457169192914077565252442.jpg

My latest problem with this was a brake light switch going bad.  Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't, until the switch went clear out and then no cruise at all ever.  Also, the cruise control switch itself may be bad.  

The computer will also keep the cruise control from turning on if your truck is throwing certain error codes.  My first no-cruise problem was caused by an error code from worn brake pads and shoes (still stopped fine) resulting in the master cylinder fluid level being only half full.