Rattle in the rear!

I have this rattle in the rear area, rear right passenger area. Sounds like its either coming from the rear window on the lower portion or the c pillar. I removed both headrest to see if that would fix it, and also removed the seat belt covers on the pillars as well. Placed the seats in the up position as well and still having issue. Still no fix, anyone else have any experience with this. Happens when i go over slight bumps and obviously larger bumps. Other than that the truck is pretty quiet except when i go over very rough bumps. Any suggestions you guys have would be great. Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Memphis87 said:

I have this rattle in the rear area, rear right passenger area. Sounds like its either coming from the rear window on the lower portion or the c pillar. I removed both headrest to see if that would fix it, and also removed the seat belt covers on the pillars as well. Placed the seats in the up position as well and still having issue. Still no fix, anyone else have any experience with this. Happens when i go over slight bumps and obviously larger bumps. Other than that the truck is pretty quiet except when i go over very rough bumps. Any suggestions you guys have would be great. Thanks!

Not in my '19, but in my '16 I did.  It would only happen when I was driving alone.  At the time, I wasnt sure where the noise was coming from exactly but I knew it was on the right (passenger) side, somewhere in the mid/rear of the cab.  It was a subtle noise, light rattle over bumps or bumpy roads.  After combing thru the entire cab (several times) I finally figured out what it was, it was the Front, passenger seat belt clasp (the locking head) was tapping against the center Pillar.  I drove around a few times with the seatbelt in the lock position (same as it would be if someone was actually in the seat using it) and the noise completely went away. 

If that's not it, you might consider taking it to the dealer, ask them to pop-off the door panels, one of the wiring harnesses for the window or door lock, might not have been secured (tethered) in the factory on the right side, and they can open it up and take a look.  You could do it too, but if it's under warranty, might as well have them...

Edited by Doolin-Dalton

2019 + rattles = B2B. ?   My '15 continues to be rattle and vibration free after four years of daily driving.  I wouldn't expect or accept anything less.  If you own a '19 and something rattles,  there is a flaw somewhere and you need to take advantage of your warranty coverage.  DIY repairs on a vehicle under full bumper to bumper coverage takes away one of the major advantages of purchasing a new vehicle, imo!

12 hours ago, Memphis87 said:

yea sliding glass, i'm almost 80% sure that's what it is, but cant pinpoint it. Ill have to have a friend or someone sit in the rear and try and see where its coming from

That would be the best idea (after taking it to the dealer) rather than having people on the internet all across the country with no access to your truck trying to diagnose it...

Tyler

• Like 1

That would be the best idea (after taking it to the dealer) rather than having people on the internet all across the country with no access to your truck trying to diagnose it...

Tyler
I took my 16 in and they couldn't find the rattle so sometimes reaching out to people across the country to see if they had the issue and found the fix makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

But in case anyone’s reads this thread looking for an answer, here are a few issues I found on the forum that cause a noise in the rear

1.) the headrests, pull them out and spread the prongs out just a little to snug up the fit

2.) Make sure your tire jack is secure 

3.) The seat belt covers in the c pillars are loose and can rattle

4.) And if your hearing a pop once in a while,  it’s your spoiler on the outside of your car

5.) lastly, check the chain linkage for the rear slider power wire. It presses up against the glass

Edited by Memphis87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1