Rattle in the rear!

My little velcro trick seemed to work. I cut a 2" piece of velcro and used the "soft" side of it. Stuck it on the window and no more noise!

I tested opening and closing the window while watching the track and it doesn't interfere. I went with 2", but you could probably go for the length of the track, but if the window is open, you probably wont hear anything anyway.

IMG_20191221_163954.jpg.5f5125602c49ae8f1883edf64f27b943.jpgIMG_20191221_164226.jpg.d7471e9bfd9882584fbc9df5c37e83d2.jpgIMG_20191221_164248_1.jpg.f231b67ea7d22bb708ed1af66c14174a.jpg

• Like 1

My little velcro trick seemed to work. I cut a 2" piece of velcro and used the "soft" side of it. Stuck it on the window and no more noise!
I tested opening and closing the window while watching the track and it doesn't interfere. I went with 2", but you could probably go for the length of the track, but if the window is open, you probably wont hear anything anyway.

IMG_20191221_163954.jpg.5f5125602c49ae8f1883edf64f27b943.jpgIMG_20191221_164226.jpg.d7471e9bfd9882584fbc9df5c37e83d2.jpgIMG_20191221_164248_1.jpg.f231b67ea7d22bb708ed1af66c14174a.jpg

Thank you!! My truck is dead quiet except for what I believe to be this rattle. Will try your fix, hoping it helps.

I moved the back window just enough to put some tension on the chain and it definitely seemed to help. I need to drive some more but it looks like the chain might be part of the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What do you mean you moved the window? Like, you cracked it open a little bit?

What do you mean you moved the window? Like, you cracked it open a little bit?
You can press the button for a split second and it moves just slightly, maybe a 1/4". Seems like its still sealed since i dont get any wind noise but i have not tried with water. Mine stays in the garage so ill look when i drive in the rain or wash it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Same rattle here.  Had a similar rattle in the past on a 2013 Silverado crew.  On that truck it was the latches that secured the back seat to the rear wall of the cab.  Got in the back of mine yesterday and pulled the head rests.  Sprung them ever so slightly at the bottom and the noise seems to be gone.  Mine seemed to be coming from the driver's side rear.  Made no difference if I had a rear passenger or not.  Fingers crossed, and if the noise returns, I'll keep on searching.

Edited by Foghorn19

• 9 months later...

I tried everything in here, was at wits ends then thought maybe, just maybe its coming from the outside. It seems to do it when the truck was "flexing"..sure enough, pushed on the rear spoiler in the back driver side and that "squeak" was making it through the cab causing the sound...no trying to figure out how to fix it.

• 1 year later...

I have less than 2,000 miles on my pickup and took it in and they said it's the leaf spring. They retort the leaf spring and put additional grease on it less than 250 miles later the rattle is back. They said to bring it in and they will add more lubricant which I replied I did not pay $40,000 to come in ever 250 miles for y'all to add more lubricant to it fix the damn thing

Edited by DonnieG
Misspelled

I have a rattle in the rear of mine also but I think its coming from the headliner. If I get back there and push up on it you can hear it smack the roof. Someone else on here said there are dense hard blocks of Styrofoam up there can hit the roof when you hit bumps etc. Gonna have them look at that when it goes in.

• 3 months later...

I just bought 2022 1500 Denali today and I can’t hear anything while on the interstate but as soon as I slow down and go over any kind of bump I have a very loud rattle coming from the passenger side only has 125 miles on it. What do you guys think it is? I’m ocd and is driving me crazy. Help

Edited by Mike1022denali22

11 hours ago, Mike1022denali22 said:

I just bought 2022 1500 Denali today and I can’t hear anything while on the interstate but as soon as I slow down and go over any kind of bump I have a very loud rattle coming from the passenger side only has 125 miles on it. What do you guys think it is? I’m ocd and is driving me crazy. Help

Headrest’s. Take them out and pull apart the rods holding them in

Also check your tire jack being properly secured

3rd check the bolts holding in the seats. They can be loose. 

4th is spoiler. 

5th is window itself

i had dealer end up fixing all of these like 1st month of ownership. Really quiet now. 

take care.