Check engine light

So a little back story, I bought my truck brand new last January(2018 Silverado 1500 midnight) and have done some minor upgrades like a bilstein level, a super 10 series flowmaster exhaust dumped before the rear axle, and a S&B CAI. Last night backing into my garage my check engine light came on so I took it in and it’s throwing a P2099 code, which is basically a power train control module malfunction code. The code reads as follows: Post catalyst fuel trim system too rich bank 2.

These jackaloons at the dealership said that because of all my aftermarket items it won’t allow them to diagnose it properly and is considered out of warranty.... am I losing my mind or are these clowns full of shit?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be a problem with either the MAF or one of the O2 sensors, specifically the one behind the cats (I dont know which side is bank2)

Is the SB filter Oiled or Dry? I have had problems before where oil from the filter would mess the MAF in other vehicles

My advise? Delete all codes and act like nothing happened, if it shows up again right away, there may be a problem. If it doesn't show up again, it was just a little glitch. My 2015 has had similar "bank too rich/lean" if I rev it too much while still cold.

Also, are you running any tune? HandHeld tuners are great for these little things, I have a Diablo intone i2

They can't void your warranty for that. Tech said possible cause for my transmission failure was my CAI lol. Showed them the TSB for the problem and they quieted down a bit. Still wrote potentially caused by CAI, recommend removing on the work order. That was 2 years ago now, new trans operates 100% with my AFE box.

They can't void your warranty for that. Tech said possible cause for my transmission failure was my CAI lol. Showed them the TSB for the problem and they quieted down a bit. Still wrote potentially caused by CAI, recommend removing on the work order. That was 2 years ago now, new trans operates 100% with my AFE box.
That tech is a dipshit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Good old dealer bull shit reading from a script. They pulled crap like that with me. Blamed the K&N air filter on the trans shifting hard. Took it out for a month and guess what it still shifted hard. If you buy any chance have the stock exhaust it’s worth a stick it up there ass to put it back and prove them wrong. A pain in the ass but just a thought.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, C-Dub'sZ71 said:

So a little back story, I bought my truck brand new last January(2018 Silverado 1500 midnight) and have done some minor upgrades like a bilstein level, a super 10 series flowmaster exhaust dumped before the rear axle, and a S&B CAI. Last night backing into my garage my check engine light came on so I took it in and it’s throwing a P2099 code, which is basically a power train control module malfunction code. The code reads as follows: Post catalyst fuel trim system too rich bank 2.

These jackaloons at the dealership said that because of all my aftermarket items it won’t allow them to diagnose it properly and is considered out of warranty.... am I losing my mind or are these clowns full of shit?!

"jackaloons" hahahah - I see we have the same opinion on dealerships...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same mods on my truck 2017 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT, had the same issue this past Sunday night took my truck to the dealer and had 4 fuel injectors replaced under warranty. I have Bilsteind 6112 in the front and 5100 in the rear I also have a intake with a dry air filter and a carven exhaust to the side interesting on why they didn't do the service under warranty.

• 4 months later...