auto stop/start disable question

Hello, I have not been on here in a while as I sold my 2016 a while back. A friend of mine bought a new 2019 silverado and HATES the auto stop function.

Being a former modder of the BCM I figured I would look at the upfitters guide and see what it says..

Has anyone else attempted a short of BCM K9, X1 pin 12(auto stop start switch signal) to ground full time?

It would be the same as pressing the auto stop disable switch the entire time the truck is running. I could build a momentary pulse circuit also if needed, but why if its not needed. This is similar to what a lot of us did with the foglights in the the K2 series trucks

Thank you

5 hours ago, buelldude said:

I see there is a few jumper cables out that you just plug into the back of the radio( I think that is where the connection is). I want to find out more about them.

This is what I used and I am very happy with it, you can still use the Auto Start Stop if you want to. The switch will remember the setting until you change it and then it will stay on that setting again until you change it. 

Auto Start Stop

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

This is what I used and I am very happy with it, you can still use the Auto Start Stop if you want to. The switch will remember the setting until you change it and then it will stay on that setting again until you change it. 

Auto Start Stop

Ohhhhhhh I like this......

I printed the info for that jumper, but I think I can via the BCM (which is what is is doing but just from the actual switch connector) for the price of one diode $.05 

If I wanted a logic version where it remembers my setting I could build that too.

Whats nice about the $90 version is that is is more hidden from dealers prying eyes

Auto Start Stop
Oh man. This is a real solution.

Pricey for just a wiring harness though.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Funny thing is. The Auto Stop seems to not work for me in cold weather. It hasn't shut down on me once since the mornings got below freezing.

Maybe since I'm running the heater now. Don't know but it's interesting.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I noticed that the auto-stop hasn't been active now that the OAT has been near freezing. Last winter it seemed to be a bit more active...conspiracy theory warning ahead...maybe a super secret satellite download?