Fender protection

8C496D27-ED5A-49BB-B5AE-B9AF900FB494.thumb.jpeg.71fc5924124e37a1efc4a040f78bbfa5.jpegHey all.  Looking for some help locating this part for a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500.  I see them on 2500 Silverados and I think I saw them on a 1500 Silverado also, but not 100% sure.  Here is the link to the part, but it states it doesn’t fit a 1500

https://www.findlayautoparts.com/oem-parts/gm-protector-22801019

and I’m uploading a picture of my buddies 2500 that has them on it.   Basically the shitty paint on my 14 has flaked off and I want to undercoat it and install these so it doesn’t rust out on me.  

I didn't think the body style was any different between the 1500 and 2500. I wonder why they say it wouldn't fit.

I just put my info in (2017 1500) and it says it fits

Edited by Flameout

I have this small protector standard on my 2018 Silverado half ton.  But, I believe that the fenders and rear quarter designs are different between the Sierra and the Silverado.  So, the Silverado part will not fit on a Sierra.   Another suggestion would be to check in to some mud guards for your front fenders.  I have a set of Husky brand on both the front and the rear.  They are the 2nd set that I have purchased and am quite pleased with them.  The first was for my 2012 truck.

I wasn't paying attention that you said Sierra. Sorry. I guess there are some differences.

As Clifford said, mud guards would help. I have that protector piece plus I just added mud guards too

20191106_153156.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 7:10 AM, silveradosid said:

they dont fit because the gmc already has plastic trim around the wheel well

That is correct...piece number 4 should already cover some of that corner. I guess you could take it off and cut the end off and install a corner piece like on the silverados then attach the trim to the corner

image.thumb.png.a613556dcb9365a2f8df184d6efc3aaf.png