Brake pads already?? | Squealing noise

I have a 2019 Silverado Trail Boss LT with about 8200 miles on and I am hearing a squealing noise right at the completion of a stop.   The brake life sensor says about 20% on the front brakes and 40% point on the rear.  The noise is coming from the front driver side.  This seems way too soon for the need of new brake pad?  I do a lot of city driving with frequent enough stops, but still seems a bit early.  Anyone have any experience with this or would else it could potentially be?

Also on another topic - In regard to the dealer, I was informed that I would receive 1 free oil change, tire rotation and vehicle inspection.  I have already completed two oil changes on my own and do not want the dealer performing said service, but I was curious what was behind the vehicle inspection.  Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

There is a reprogram for premature brake pad wear life countdown.  Have them just make sure the pads are still good in terms of thickness.  The squealing may be just noisy pads.

The inspection is the GM Multipoint Inspection.  Just your usual filters/lights/brakes/tire depth/etc. checkover. 

• Thanks 1

My 2019 GMC (7000 miles) started a light occasional squeal in the rear immediately after the free dealer tire rotation. On my old cars I do my own brake work and just deal with any squeal (if its not too annoying), since its a touchy thing to get it right. I usually drive old beaters, and this is my first new truck for a long time, what's the point that most of you would go to the dealer for a break squeal? Or would you at all?

And FYI, by rear brakes are showing 90+% remaining at 7k miles.

3 hours ago, Kachup said:

I usually drive old beaters, and this is my first new truck for a long time, what's the point that most of you would go to the dealer for a break squeal? Or would you at all?

And FYI, by rear brakes are showing 90+% remaining at 7k miles.

I'm at the same brake pad level after the same mileage with my 2019. 

My plan is to have the dealer fix this when I go in for an oil change and rotation in about a month. However, I have to say that it's been crossing my mind to go in earlier to get it fixed. It's really annoying. But I'm probably extra annoyed by the fact that the truck is so NEW, and it's making those noises. 

• 2 weeks later...

i had a 19 truck recently complaining of a brake squeal , i ended up deglazing the brake pads and turning the rotors. sometimes pads/rotors get glazed and they will make a noise. 

there is a software update about the brake life % . typically the pads are still fine just a software issue.