Quality Motor Oil

Hello, How are you all my friends?

Which one is the best motor oil for Toyota Tacoma? I have used "Genuine® - SAE 0W-20 Synthetic TwinPower Turbo Motor Oil" but not happy with that. 

Looking your suggestion about your practical use. 

thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Evan Roman said:

Which one is the best motor oil for Toyota Tacoma? I have used "Genuine® - SAE 0W-20 Synthetic TwinPower Turbo Motor Oil" but not happy with that. 

thanks in advance. 

Why here?

GM truck site.

Castrol Magnetec is what I use.

Wix oil filter.

:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Evan Roman said:

thanks in advance. 

Follow the specification that is in your owners manual. Any of the oils at Walmart that meet that spec will work well. 

I change oil on a friends 2010 Camary and run AMSOIL's OE 0w-20.  I change their oil every 10k miles.  UOA's come back fine. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 3:41 AM, Evan Roman said:

thanks in advance. 

What is it specifically that you are not happy with about it?   What are you looking for that the current oil you are using is not delivering?

Edited by Cowpie

as long as you follow the recommended viscosity and meeting or exceeding the various specs then you'll be fine with almost everything out there.  NAPA has treated me well with their fluids and the NAPA label oil bottles are filled by Valvoline.  I like Valvoline, Quacker State, Mobil-1, Castrol GTX, and Formula Shell, as well as Chevron and Phillips 66.  I run full synthetic and encourage everyone else to do so except in a few rare circumstances.  The most important factor is the oil filter you get.  ALWAYS run a premium oil filter.  NEVER cheap out on the oil filter!  Some Toyotas engines along with some other manufacturers were prone to having small oil passages and also sludge issues, but I'm pretty sure Crapota got those worked out by 2010-2012 models.  I like 5000 mile oil change intervals on full synthetic with a premium filter (I use NAPA Gold or NAPA Platinum, which is manufactured by Wix) I rotate my tires at the time of oil change so every 5000 miles. 

If you want to gamble with 10,000+ mile oil changes, I still suggest changing the oil filter every 5000-7000 miles with a premium oil filter.  I sometimes will go out 6000 miles but try to keep it at 5000 miles.

If you want to gamble with the so called "Premium" oils such as Redline, Royal Purple, Amsoil, or a few others, then go for it.  There are one or two Amsoil retailers on here who are decent gentlemen.  I might be trying the Amsoil gear lubes coming up for my front and rear diffs, and some Trans fluid for my transfer case, but as far as engine oil goes I'm very happy with Valvoline or Castrol GTX, diesel oil for my duramax which is what my auto repair facility uses, along with a good NAPA filter. 

Oil analysis are great things to have done to measure how the oil is doing and engine wear indicators.  You can do it via blackstone labs, or NAPA sells a oil analysis kit, NAPA part # 4077  (Think M.A.S.H. 4077) 

Despite you running a Tundra, you are still welcome to post here.  Some good people on here with good advice like Cliff, Nick, and Diyer, and a few others.  they may tease you a bit for driving a Toyota, but they are straight shooters. 

Tell us some more about your truck.  What year?  What engine?  Miles? 

• Like 1