Supercharged

I am a fan of late evening car shows on TV.  They take the roughest vehicles and transform them into jaw dropping works of perfection.  They add superchargers or turbos on their builds like this was standard equipment.  This looks like an exceptionally tidy modification and boosts engine performance considerably. I appreciate that cost may discourage many but is there any other glaring trade-offs for adding a supercharger?  ie: significantly increased fuel consumption or limited engine longevity 

I am a fan of late evening car shows on TV.  They take the roughest vehicles and transform them into jaw dropping works of perfection.  They add superchargers or turbos on their builds like this was standard equipment.  This looks like an exceptionally tidy modification and boosts engine performance considerably. I appreciate that cost may discourage many but is there any other glaring trade-offs for adding a supercharger?  ie: significantly increased fuel consumption or limited engine longevity 

That’s how I feel as well I don’t beat on the truck at all love the extra power when needed. Sure if you get crazy and beat on it you will be looking for a motor down the road and decreased fuel economy. For everyday driving it’s def fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installing is the easy part. Finding a good tuner is the hard part where I am.
The money is sitting there waiting.......

Exactly that was my thought I could have installed it myself. Then I would have had to have it towed to a tuner I figured let them do it. Also I don’t have a garage big enough to fit my truck in. It’s cold here in NJ I didn’t want to do it outside either.

Where did you buy it from?

Most places I looked said they don't carry that one anymore.

TPS motor sports has them SLP was bought by Roush. So that’s probably why maybe a new model coming or something.
I will say def worth it

Yeah, must be a close out pricing on them because it's probably $1,500 off normal based on the crossed out $6300 price. Great deal for sure on that kit.

If I wasn't more focused on paying my truck off first, I'd buy the kit lol.

Edited by CamGTP