Supercharged

That's a great price. I bought mine from there, exactly one year ago. Paid $4600. Installed it right around Christmas after I got a tune from BlackBear. Took me about 8 hrs to do it, all outside in the driveway. A couple more adjustments from Blackbear has gotten it pretty good. It gets 19 mpg on the highway under 70 mph, about 18 mpg, pushing 80 mph, with 3.08 gears and stock size all terrain tires. 

On another note, look at the passenger side of the supercharger. See that 1/2" port that's plugged? Run a hose from there over to the brake booster, and get rid of your vacuum pump. Works perfectly. 

That's a great price. I bought mine from there, exactly one year ago. Paid $4600. Installed it right around Christmas after I got a tune from BlackBear. Took me about 8 hrs to do it, all outside in the driveway. A couple more adjustments from Blackbear has gotten it pretty good. It gets 19 mpg on the highway under 70 mph, about 18 mpg, pushing 80 mph, with 3.08 gears and stock size all terrain tires. 

On another note, look at the passenger side of the supercharger. See that 1/2" port that's plugged? Run a hose from there over to the brake booster, and get rid of your vacuum pump. Works perfectly. 

Ok interesting I have one thing I’m working on that I noticed. When your cruising and it’s not calling for boost. I notice when you feather the gas it surges a little. Almost like the bypass valve is not working as it should. Did you have anything like that at all. And I should have installed it myself. After a 3 week ordeal the place I used dropped a bolt in the head and blew the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I don't have any surging. Still shifts like sh!t sometimes, is the only issue I have. 

Yea my trans shifted like shit before the supercharger to. maybe it’s a tune issue or something. I will call the installer tomm see what they say.

"On another note, look at the passenger side of the supercharger. See that 1/2" port that's plugged? Run a hose from there over to the brake booster, and get rid of your vacuum pump. Works perfectly."  

So you're saying the solution to the failing vacuum pump/brakes is to buy a supercharger? Nice, may be the excuse many of us are looking for to tell the wife. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

"On another note, look at the passenger side of the supercharger. See that 1/2" port that's plugged? Run a hose from there over to the brake booster, and get rid of your vacuum pump. Works perfectly."  

So you're saying the solution to the failing vacuum pump/brakes is to buy a supercharger? Nice, may be the excuse many of us are looking for to tell the wife. 

Yes, that's exactly right. Hopefully yours will be believe you... Mine didn't, I did it anyway...

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, Jaychevy81 said:

I think I figured out what it is if you get a chance can you look or tell me if you installed the bypass restrictor valve. I just looked mine is not there.

Yes, I have a bypass restrictor. It's a .023 nitrous/fuel pill/nozzle. I've tried a .030, but it came on boost too fast, so I went back to the .023.

Yes, I have a bypass restrictor. It's a .023 nitrous/fuel pill/nozzle. I've tried a .030, but it came on boost too fast, so I went back to the .023.

Thanks for the reply that has to be the issue then. I had one overnighted lol it will be here today.

Deleted purge valve, relocated temp sensor in driver side head, deleting vacuum pump, notched all five back lid bolt holes to ease installation because of the little space between firewall, has zr1 throttle body, Crawford racing tb extension, Crawford racing tmap harness, mustang battery size coolant tank, adm performance 6 rib pulley, adm performance heat exchanger mounts and z06 heat exchanger with Bosch pump.