Text messages

Asd A

4 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

Yeah, I think I’ll give it a shot & send them an email. Can’t hurt any & at the very least, I can voice my disappointment with their decision.

I had a 05 before getting the 19,  so I obviously didn't have the text or any other app.  It took about 3 weeks from when I sent the email,  but I did get it.

• Like 1

I have a 2019 and text messaging works great. It reads them out and I can reply with my voice. But you HAVE TO be plugged in with a USB cable and using Carplay. Does not work over Bluetooth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taz56 said:

I have a 2019 and text messaging works great. It reads them out and I can reply with my voice. But you HAVE TO be plugged in with a USB cable and using Carplay. Does not work over Bluetooth.

Mine is the same. I love it.

I just talk to the radio what I want texted back. 

That goes for facebook messenger too. Which, in the heart of the Blue Ridge, works much better than regular texting. 

Just now, MacLaren said:

Mine is the same. I love it.

I just talk to the radio what I want texted back. 

That goes for facebook messenger too. Which, in the heart of the Blue Ridge, works much better than regular texting. 

Really FB messenger as well? How did you set that up? I have not seen that as an option.

There should be no reason we have to plug our phones in to use CarPlay. There should be no reason to use cords in vehicles for anything, period.
Plugging in also completely defeats the purpose of wireless charging.

GM dropped the ball by omitting the text app.

20 minutes ago, Ryno12 said:

There should be no reason we have to plug our phones in to use CarPlay. There should be no reason to use cords in vehicles for anything, period.

Couldnt agree more.  I would pay extra for wireless CarPlay.  I bought and tried a $150 adapter called CarLinkIt to get wireless CarPlay to work, but it was a no go.   I hate wires and hate plugging in.  Would love to get in my truck, put my phone on the charging pad, hit start, see CarPlay fire up and go.  No plugging no cords. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

I don't have wireless charging in mine.....

So I sent the email requesting the text app to be added to my 2020 2500HD and received a call back the following day.

Access was denied.

I was told that GM made the decision to no longer support the text app. The rep did say earlier in the year he was allowed to get the app added to those who requested but he said that has since been stopped. He made no mention if that’s across the board or just 2020’s.
He did say he’s got a ton of requests for this. He also said they (GM) periodically evaluates things like this & advised me to check back with him occasionally. I was told the more people that request this, the better the odds that GM will reverse their decision & add the app back. Make sure you express your disappointment as that will supposedly help trigger a re-evaluation.

Just passing on what I was told.

19 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

So I sent the email requesting the text app to be added to my 2020 2500HD and received a call back the following day.

Access was denied.

I was told that GM made the decision to no longer support the text app. The rep did say earlier in the year he was allowed to get the app added to those who requested but he said that has since been stopped. He made no mention if that’s across the board or just 2020’s.
He did say he’s got a ton of requests for this. He also said they (GM) periodically evaluates things like this & advised me to check back with him occasionally. I was told the more people that request this, the better the odds that GM will reverse their decision & add the app back. Make sure you express your disappointment as that will supposedly help trigger a re-evaluation.

Just passing on what I was told.

Same here. I called gm the passed me to on star and they said if I dont see "shop" or " collection" on the screen it cant be added. 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:38 AM, Taz56 said:

On 11/26/2019 at 11:38 AM, Taz56 said:

Yours works if ur connected to CarPlay and on the car play screen correct, u cant be on the XM radio screen and ur texts come up on the screen right ? 

10 minutes ago, Asd A said:

Yours works if ur connected to CarPlay and on the car play screen correct, u cant be on the XM radio screen and ur texts come up on the screen right ? 

Yes I have to be wired in, no I do not have to be on that screen.

No, I can be on any screen and they work. A message pops up on the screen and I can touch it and it will read the message to me and let me reply. If I do that it takes me back automatically to the last screen I was on. I can also choose to ignore it.