4l60e no reverse drives in neutral

I’ve got a 94 Chevy k1500 with the 4l60e transmission. I have lost reverse completely, it will rev up to 2000 ish rpm in reverse and nothing, but that’s as high as it will go. It also drives forward in neutral but it acts like its in first and won’t shift up. In drive it drives completely normally, all the gears, smooth shifting etc. I just put this transmission in this truck and I got it from someone that I trust who said it worked fine, and when I first put it in everything was normal. But after a day of driving the truck now it has this issue. I’ve checked the fluid level and it’s where it should be as well as adjusting the shift linkage, and even disconnecting it and trying to shift it manually and same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

Sounds like the shift linkage is not hooked up correctly. Also make sure it has power to the transmission. If not it will default to 2nd gear and not up or down shift.

It shifts fine through the forward gears so it’s  not stuck in second, but I will recheck the shift linkage 

• 4 years later...