Can you have Z71/All-Terrain Inclinometer added to digital dash cluster?

I have a 2019 Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Crew Cab.

It has the Hill Descent option, but does not have all terrain/Z71.

I imagine it has the accelerometer to make the z71 inclinometer work since it needs to be able to detect when its going downhill to turn on the hill descent mode.

Wondering if there's any companies that can reprogram the digital dash cluster to add in the offroad inclinometer, or if I have to get a different accelerometer too, or if I would just have to get a different digital dash cluster altogether.

Not sure of anywhere else to ask this....I'm also having a hard time figuring out what comes with z71 option, all-terrain option, and then when you have both (which seemed to be an option as a gmc....I'm not sure if thats true but it looks like it) besides all the decals and interior emblem stuff - more referring to the functional features/upgrades.

I know on silverado, z71 had that inclinometer, different shocks, skid plates, I think it changed your diff ratios, and it gave you the auto 4x4 select option.  Only recently found out that hill descent package is NOT a part of Z71/all-terrain only.

Below is pic of inclinometer I was talking about.  I'm guessing its tied to the auto 4x4 feature based on the AWD text that changes depending on what mode you're in - which is tied to z71 if I remember correctly
image.png.2b49743b46bb0b39f538e067f7e3adc0.png

2019 HD Denali 4x4 should have that page.  (my 2018 did)

Probably just have to turn the page on in the DIC. 

Z71 does not change diff ratio on a HD dmax truck.

All Dmax of that generation were 3.73

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redwngr said:

2019 HD Denali 4x4 should have that page.  (my 2018 did)

Probably just have to turn the page on in the DIC. 

Z71 does not change diff ratio on a HD dmax truck.

All Dmax of that generation were 3.73

You're 100% right, found this out like an hour after posting.
I am kinda disappointed you can't see trans temperature like you could with GM trans.....but I'll take the improved shifting of the Allison over the random hard shifting baloney of the GM 8 spd.

I asked admin if I could delete my post since it won't let me.

1 hour ago, DeathByNissan55 said:

I am kinda disappointed you can't see trans temperature like you could with GM trans.....but I'll take the improved shifting of the Allison over the random hard shifting baloney of the GM 8 spd.

Denali cluster will show transmission temperature when you engage tow/haul mode.    

2 hours ago, DeathByNissan55 said:

newdude beat me to it

You can put trans temp up on dic page, or the put it in tow/haul and view the gauge spot it takes over when in tow haul. 

I sometimes just push the tow/haul button to see the temp and then switch if back out of tow/haul.

You're likely to find that the allison doesn't run hot enough that it needs constant watching --- and the computer is watching anyway and will let you know if there is an issue.

17 hours ago, redwngr said:

newdude beat me to it

You can put trans temp up on dic page, or the put it in tow/haul and view the gauge spot it takes over when in tow haul. 

I didnt see where you could get trans temp on the DIC page, I will make sure to try the tow/haul button and then navigate the pages.

Thanks all!

5 hours ago, DeathByNissan55 said:

I didnt see where you could get trans temp on the DIC page, I will make sure to try the tow/haul button and then navigate the pages.

Thanks all!

The list in the manual for uplevel DIC suggests it should be beside the 'offroad' item in the list. 

9 minutes ago, DeathByNissan55 said:

Did not see it show up in the menu still.

Can verify that it swaps the voltage gauge out with trans temp when you press the tow/haul button on the shifter.

So, good enough for me!

Thanks all!

Just to verify.

You were in the list where you add/remove checkmarks to indicate which pages you want to be able to see when you go back to the info tab?

6 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Just to verify.

You were in the list where you add/remove checkmarks to indicate which pages you want to be able to see when you go back to the info tab?

Correct,
I dont recall if I was in Tow/Haul WHILE I was in that menu, but I definitely looked through that menu and there was no trans temp one listed, and nothing happened when I right arrow or hit enter on the off-road page.

The only time i got anything transmission related to show up was like I said where you hit tow/haul button, the voltage gauge was replaced with transmission temperature gauge.

I'll try going to that menu while in tow/haul mode over lunch to see if it makes it available.

• Like 1