Input about a fog light idea I have please...

Ok so tried a search for this idea but nothing popping up....

I was thinking of buying a set of pod lights, probably the flush mount ones, cutting an opening in the fog light "caps" that fill the hole for us non fog light owners, bolting them on and wiring up. 

Anyone think its possible or any other thoughts to this???

Can buy a nice set on Amazon for $50 give or take.

I know there is a company out there (Baha something) that sells an aftermarket kit but they want $460 or something like that. Ill buy the factory ones for that amount.

Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

I've been meaning to (when I get some free time..yea right) play with removing one of the "fog light caps" and try to design a 3d printed recessed base that would hold one of those lights or similar. 

Will post when/if I get something made up.

In regards to off use only, I usually relay them off of the high beams anyways, so normally they'd be off.

I have fog lights on my truck and tbh, I dont think I would order em....have used em in mild fog and rain and really they dont do much imo.....they just happen to come with my pkg.....

We dont get super heavy fog in my area but it's hard to know when they even on......had em on my last truck as well, never used em

On 11/29/2019 at 3:03 PM, MyWay said:

Do you use those daily?

Wondering if these aftermarket fogs are blinding. Alot of them say off road use only.

Yes. daily.  Turn em on and off with my phone. Bluetooth.  You can control the brightness level color etc..  

Edited by michael betz

On 12/1/2019 at 5:53 AM, Cohocarl said:

I've been meaning to (when I get some free time..yea right) play with removing one of the "fog light caps" and try to design a 3d printed recessed base that would hold one of those lights or similar. 

Will post when/if I get something made up.

In regards to off use only, I usually relay them off of the high beams anyways, so normally they'd be off.

I will buy these if you make them!! Been looking for this exactly so I can install these LEDs

Untitled.png

I made the mistake of getting a set of square pods and *THINKING* I could cut a perfect hole in the blanks and make them look really good. Well needless to say, I ruined one of the blanks and ended up just going OE. (More expensive, but look (and work) great. )

That being said, mounting a set of lightweight pods directly TO the blank, would probably work. Just keep in mind, they're only being held to the lower cover by 4 small screws. You may have some wobble. 

• 2 weeks later...