• 4 weeks later...

I have the 6.2 and the GM Cat back. I don't understand what people are talking about with this helicopter sound. I've driven 40-50 and all speeds windows up/down everything, and I can't get it to make any abnormal sound.

I'm just curious because I kept both my resonators just in case I need to put them back on to quiet it down, but I don't hear anything.

Are you towing while doing this?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

On 12/29/2019 at 5:15 PM, Londart2020 said:

I have the DFM too, and the heli sound come from when goes to two or less cylinders. Anybody have any input on getting these put back on?

from what I have read, resonators handle the drone, cans on 6.2 and screens on 5.3 do the same job of cancelling it out on the stock exhaust, most cat backs don't have them and many say no drone so not sure how it works on them.

Edited by DaveHC

On 12/28/2019 at 4:33 PM, michael betz said:

Best mod ever.  Love it. Highly recommend the Borla atak. No drone. Perfect sound. Not too loud ,not quiet. Perfect 

Had the ATAK on my 2017 5.3L and I truly miss it. Did you just throw the ATAK muffler on or is it the whole system? If it's just the muffler where did you get it at I asked borla and they told me they wouldn't sell the muffler only. 

• 11 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, Texasdeere said:

Flapper pinned open, stock 5.3 single exhaust so far maybe a 5% increase in sound.  No undesirable noises.  Going to put some miles on it to make sure.

How did you pin the flapper valve open? Thanks.

I just used a metal hose clamp but that looks way more professional!

Looking back it was more like a 10% increase in sound. Quite noticeable on cold start up.  You could hear it more when you "got on it"  Just right for me.