Powder coating wheels/wrap for bumpers

What’s up guys. Just seeing who has gotten their rims powder coated after being on the truck for a while and how it looks/lasted. I have a few spots on my 20s that will not come off but plan on getting them powder coated anyways. 

Also, just wanted to see and get reviews from anybody who has done a wrap for their bumpers/grill. Thinking that’s the route I’m going to go. 

2 hours ago, Pt187 said:

I have had rims powder coated that after years still looked as good as the first day. Biggest thing is to find a good coater 

Oh yeah i would definitely find the right shop. Not gonna go the cheap route. I just have a 16 black Silverado and going to end up murdering it out. 

If you plan to wrap the bumpers, I would remove them and take them in to have them wrapped. I had my front bumper wrapped while it was on the truck. I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I ended up buying unpainted bumpers and having them painted.

wrapping bumpers is a pain, we have done many, they must be disassembled to do correctly and not a easy job, but do look great when its done(if they know how to do them) also wrapping id FAR better than paint as painted one without clear paint protection will get killed by rock chips if driven on the highway much...

What’s up guys. Just seeing who has gotten their rims powder coated after being on the truck for a while and how it looks/lasted. I have a few spots on my 20s that will not come off but plan on getting them powder coated anyways. 

Also, just wanted to see and get reviews from anybody who has done a wrap for their bumpers/grill. Thinking that’s the route I’m going to go. 

Where are you located? My brother works at a shop north of Ft Worth and they do amazing work. I had a set of rims powder coated gloss black awhile back and they looked brand new. As for the bumper wrap, I got some vinyl off amazon and going to attempt it myself. I know it’s going to be a pain in the ass but I’m willing to do it myself. I have a 15 that I’m in the process of murdering out.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

Where are you located? My brother works at a shop north of Ft Worth and they do amazing work. I had a set of rims powder coated gloss black awhile back and they looked brand new.

I may need to find out about the powder coating shop as I am in the Ft. Worth area myself and I’d like to redo the aluminum snowflake rims to black on my 2018.

Well you Fort Worth guys are in luck because you probably have one of the top five powder coaters in the Truck/aftermarket industry in Fort Worth! And trust me this dude is one of the most sought after powder coaters for Sema, social media truck scene and quite a few other things. His name is Zach Pennock and Breton Creek Customs is the name of his shop. Call or text 636-515-9295 for business inquiries.

Edited by CovetedStyle
  • Like 2

I may need to find out about the powder coating shop as I am in the Ft. Worth area myself and I’d like to redo the aluminum snowflake rims to black on my 2018.

http://tuffpowdercoating.com/contact-2/
This is the shop my little bro works at. They do amazing work. Not just saying that because he works there, but because I have seen their work as well. Most of them are car/truck guys so they take pride in their work.

On 12/23/2019 at 6:39 AM, SSchup said:

If you plan to wrap the bumpers, I would remove them and take them in to have them wrapped. I had my front bumper wrapped while it was on the truck. I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I ended up buying unpainted bumpers and having them painted.

If and when I have them wrapped, I’m taking it to a guy I know who does trailers and race cars for a living so I know it will be done right. 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:34 PM, TX LIMO said:

Where are you located? My brother works at a shop north of Ft Worth and they do amazing work. I had a set of rims powder coated gloss black awhile back and they looked brand new. As for the bumper wrap, I got some vinyl off amazon and going to attempt it myself. I know it’s going to be a pain in the ass but I’m willing to do it myself. I have a 15 that I’m in the process of murdering out.

I’m in Houston actually. For the wrap I have a guy who’s going to do it, he does trailers and race cars so I know he will do good work. As far as the powder coating, I’m trying to decide if I’m going to do a gloss black or like a gun metal type color. Not sure I like these stock 20s in black. 

• Like 1