MBRP vs Carven catback help

Hey guys, getting ready to pull the trigger on a catback system. I've narrowed my search to two. The MBRP pro series side exit(in front of the wheel) or the carven progressive system. I like the sound of both, from what i can tell on the youtube clips, but wanted to hear from some people that have or had these setups. Im not looking for anything real loud or something that im going to hear a lot in the cab while at cruising speed. Looking to stay in this price range (500-600) if you guys have any other suggestions. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

9 hours ago, jankymechanic said:

How’s the cabin noise with the side exit. With my wife and daughter both on the passenger side, I don’t want anything too loud inside. 

I just noticed you want the side exit front of wheel. I have exit behind wheel. Drone isn’t bad at all on mine. I’m regeared so I’m running around turning higher rpms to.

the front side exit you want I would imagine would be a little louder simply because it’s closer to the cab. Never been a fan of those setups

7 hours ago, jankymechanic said:

Im also going to add the corsa sport db to the list if anyone has any experience with that setup

Corsa is notorious for being loud but a cat back alone shouldn’t be bad. I have a Corsa Sport on my CTSV but it has headers high flow cats and it gets LOUD. 

Thats what i was worried about with the side exit before the wheel. I like the look, just don't want the extra noise.

From what i've read, the corsa is loud at cold start and heavy acceleration, but pretty tame at idle and cruise. Plus autoanything is willing to pricematch amazon to bring the price from $680 to $540

On 12/29/2019 at 8:05 AM, jankymechanic said:

Thats what i was worried about with the side exit before the wheel. I like the look, just don't want the extra noise.

From what i've read, the corsa is loud at cold start and heavy acceleration, but pretty tame at idle and cruise. Plus autoanything is willing to pricematch amazon to bring the price from $680 to $540

$540 for the corsa???

$540 for the CORSA dB. Taxes and all I think it comes to $580 I think. Search 24873 on amazon and autoanything.com price matched. I ended up buying the CORSA and installed it a few hours ago. First impressions, the sound is great, exactly what I was wanting. Wish it was just a little bit quieter though but I don’t think it’s going to be enough to bother me long term. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, durandetto said:

The Carven competitor is pretty great. Loud at cold start and heavy acceleration, not too bad at cruising speeds. Excellent build quality and I get a lot of compliments on the sound. 2f08e26d48572e74588bf71c34ddbb5b.jpgab02a91f0c3d558f20e4eb9a1039e30f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Would like to get their kit if they made one for the 6.2

I purchased the Corsa Sport exhaust system. It was ridiculously loud for me. Before swapping to a 7.0 I had the 6.2L. Drone was not bad but the exhaust note made me feel like I was killing small animals as I rode around. 

I ended up keeping the Piping, cut out the muffler and used a Flowmaster pro series 3.5" in/out slip style. I was very happy with the purchase. Aggressive at WOT, rumble at idle and sounded great revving and zero drone. Here is the video of a cold start with the pro series. The temp is approximately 30 degrees F.