6 speed or 10 speed Allison. Which do you prefer?

On 12/29/2019 at 9:45 PM, Colossus said:

Ditto on sticking with the 2019.  Having the newest and latest isn't always the greatest.  In fact 9 times out of ten it isn't. 

When it comes to cars sometimes you are right.  But in general 9 out of 10 times just isnt true.  

With that said short of the 10 speed tranny and some electronic gimmicks and styling the 22/23 HD is basically no different than trucks from 5 years ago.  

Edited by nards444

22 hours ago, Wish i had my LBZ said:

How do I get paid to lie and say the 10 speed out performs the 6 speed? 
Facts, if you pull a big camper or loads 15000lb or better you will be disappointed with the stock Ford copied 10 speed if you had a real Allison 6 speed.

Fact, you will blow through the converter on any grade. 
Fact the lockup doesn’t work effectively to use the torque of the l5p. 
Fact, you will feel like you are pulling with a mid 90’s gasser downshifting and popping off the rev limiter. 

Fact,  I disagree with most of what you've said.

Heck in the 6.6 gas 6spd, ID just be happy with a choice of 3:73/4:11/4:56. Gears as a ordering option. ( Ford does it) Other than that I see no problem with a gasser 6.6  6 SPD .it's a tried and trued tranny. My ultimate goal would be 4:88s a Magnuson tvs 2650, bigger injectors/ fuel pump and long tube headers. But tunning seems to be the hold up at the moment.