2019 AT4 Sirius XM Missing Features

So I have a 2019 AT4 I took delivery of in 6/19.  I took the truck into the shop the other day and was provided a loaner 2020 Texas Edition Z31 Sierra.  I noticed on the 2020 that the Sirius interface was totally different.  The 2020 had album art, settings within Sirius and able to pause music.  I've contacted Sirius who referred me back to GM and vice versa.  Does anyone that owns a 2019 have this issue or know how to fix it?  Please see my attached photos 

o1SxE34.jpg
3zVvtRw.jpg
OonXm71.jpg
KcpeRLm.jpg

Edited by txat4

3 minutes ago, txat4 said:

So I have a 2019 AT4 I took delivery of in 6/19.  I took the truck into the shop the other day and was provided a loaner 2020 Texas Edition Z31 Sierra.  I noticed on the 2020 that the Sirius interface was totally different.  The 2020 had album art, settings within Sirius and able to pause music.  I've contacted Sirius who referred me back to GM and vice versa.  Does anyone that owns a 2019 have this issue or know how to fix it?  Please see my attached photos 

o1SxE34.jpg
3zVvtRw.jpg
OonXm71.jpg
KcpeRLm.jpg

Yeah, the 2020s have the SiriusXM 360. If you upgrade your radio to the IOU radio, you should get it. I havent been able to confirm this though. But I would presume the 2020s are RPO code IOU. 

1 minute ago, rosepaule said:

Yeah, the 2020s have the SiriusXM 360. If you upgrade your radio to the IOU radio, you should get it. I havent been able to confirm this though. But I would presume the 2020s are RPO code IOU. 

How would I upgrade?

Just now, rosepaule said:

Jesus! $700, for some cover art.  Guess I'll keep what I have.  Already spent enough on the truck.  Damn shame I would need to upgrade just to get that.

1 minute ago, txat4 said:

Jesus! $700, for some cover art.  Guess I'll keep what I have.  Already spent enough on the truck.  Damn shame I would need to upgrade just to get that.

I may don't just so I could resell my IOT radio to someone wanting to upgrade but not pay the night price of the IOU and still get the navigation. If I do it, I'll keep you posted. 

I have the IOT according to the barcode under the hood.  These are the only differences according to Infotainment website.  

IOU Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings

1 - Included and only available with (Y29) Infotainment Package I.
2 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II.

IOT Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings. Includes greater memory.

22 minutes ago, Booger T said:

Sirius XM 360L is part of Convenience II package.

Ah ok. Yea I cant see spending $700 for that. I did call sirius and she said my radio isn't capable but also stated with 360 you can watch videos too. Obviously you would need data and that's just another money grab for GM. 

On 1/9/2020 at 8:12 PM, Rocz3cqg said:

The 2020 models depending on trim level will have the Sirius XM 360L interface which is new this year. The 2019 Dodge Ram trucks have this option.

Just picked up my 19 LT work truck and have been all through the screen trying to figure this out as well.  I can't believe we need a $700 new unit for a simple capability like this.  My wife's 13 Explorer can do this and my 14 Ram could after a software update and it's only the Bighorn package, nothing crazy like a Laramie or anything.  Loving the truck but gotta say there are some little things that Chevy is really disappointing me.  Thank god for these forums as the non auto dimming rear-view mirror is another frustrating thing for a 2019 model vehicle.  I ordered my new mirror last night. 

• 3 weeks later...