Tonneau Covers - Best Hard Tri-Fold?

Hi,

I have done some research and believe there are handful of hard tri-fold tonneau cover that are great. Any recommendation from below on the do's and don't before I make the purchase. Looking to pull trigger on Bakflip MX4 (discounted with $0 tax) best price I got so far. What are the something I should be aware of?

Best Price + Up to $200 OFF: https://www.toughautoparts.com/tonneau-covers/hard-folding.html

Which hard cover did you choose and why? share photo please.

Edited by David Mike

I have the MX4 on my 18.  It's great.  I also had one on my 15.  I bought it again because I couldn't find a better one. Even talking to the guys that sell multiple brands say that the MX4 is one of the best on the market and thy couldn't recommend a better one.

I went with an Undercover brand, on my 2019 AT4, have used others in the past.....Like the smooth ext finish, the Bed Rug material lining, provides some insulation from heat and cold, well made, easy to install, even has an added LED light fixture, worth a look

I got a Lomax because I didn’t think I’d like it when flipped up that the back window would be covered.  Thankfully, I don’t haul often enough that it matters, but I think I was wrong.  It’s not terrible, but it’s no picnic removing the Lomax when you do need the full bed open.  I think I’d rather have the window blocked the few times I need it than to have to fully remove the Lomax.  So, if you’re worried that you may prefer one that requires removal, like the Lomax, my opinion is that you’ll be happier with the Bakflip.  Especially if you think you’ll need to flip it often. 

On another note, I really like my BedRug.

I'm taking delivery of a Leer HF350M this coming Saturday.  Cross shopped it with the Bakflip MX4 that my brother has on his F-150 and settled on the Leer for a couple reasons, primarily ease of removal when I don't need the cover, beefier weatherproofing seals along the bedrails negating the need for drain tubes along the cover, and the fact that when it's folded to the back window it doesn't rest on the glass like the Bakflip. 

I was impressed with both brands, I'll chime in more on the Leer after I have it up and running. 

12 hours ago, David Mike said:

Are there any issues with the water leak on MX4, Undercover, LoMax, or Leer?

None of the folding covers are 100% water tight.  It's mostly going to leak around the tailgate.  That said, I've done road trips with the bed full of luggage through snow and rain storms with nothing getting wet.

• Like 1