2016 high country USB failure? Projection not working

On 1/21/2020 at 7:58 AM, pgamboa said:

Here is a video where I show the HMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I do have the 2.5 HMI.

I swapped back in the  factor 2 port usb hub and it will actually charge my phone now. (Samsung note 9).

HMI still ask for a supported device to be connected. Does it just need an update?

20200122_085459.jpg

Just now, Jkeeter725 said:

So I do have the 2.5 HMI.

I swapped back in the  factor 2 port usb hub and it will actually charge my phone now. (Samsung note 9).

HMI still ask for a supported device to be connected. Does it just need an update?

20200122_085459.jpg

Also I should add. The fuse slot 27 calls for a 10A on my truck but has a 15A in place. Any chance only a circuit dealing with projection could have been cooked?

9 hours ago, pgamboa said:

In your radio settings (under vehicle), do you see CarPlay and Android Auto listed? Or just CarPlay?

Just car play. From everything you have walked me through im thinking it just needs an update

Just car play. From everything you have walked me through im thinking it just needs an update

Yep. You have what I had in mine.

This will take care of it.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2016-android-auto-car-play-upgrade-retrofit/

45 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yep. You have what I had in mine.

This will take care of it.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2016-android-auto-car-play-upgrade-retrofit/

What's your thoughts on this. I talked to a dealer about doing the update(cost150). They said there is no way to tell if the update is already there. They can try it to see if it works but will coast the 150 anyway. I find it hard to believe there is no way to tell if the update has been done or not?

• Like 1

What's your thoughts on this. I talked to a dealer about doing the update(cost150). They said there is no way to tell if the update is already there. They can try it to see if it works but will coast the 150 anyway. I find it hard to believe there is no way to tell if the update has been done or not?

That’s up to you. I don’t like my local dealers and hear too many horror stories from the lock groups here... so I’d rather go elsewhere. In addition, WAMS has been doing all the custom programming for my truck and all the various retrofits that I’ve done to it. I would trust anyone else. $49 vs $150. And the dealer is not 100% certain that they can do it... so there is that risk is dropping $150 and get nothing out of it.