Happy Birthday to me, 3500HD officially ordered!

On 1/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, FirstAscent said:

Happy Birthday to me, with a late delivery emoji4.png

Not that I was in a big rush but I decided that I didn't want to budge on the features/options I wanted since I'd just end up ordering it anyway if I found a truck in stock missing some features.

Ended up ordering a 2020 Silverado 3500HD High Country, Duramax, Standard bed, 4WD and super stoked!

Options not including typical High Country items:

-  Iridescent Pearl Tricoat

-  Black/Umber interior

-  Interior Convenience package mainly for the all weather floor liners

-  Dark Essentials Package

-  Sunroof

-  Smoked Amber LED marker lights

-  Upfitter Switches

-  Trailer TPMS

- Auxiliary Trailer Camera (added on 1/20)

I'm getting $9k off MSRP + any additional incentives that will hopefully be available at time of delivery. If it were today it would be $2k for GM Loyalty incentive, so hoping for at least that. The guessed it would be roughly 60 days. 

No money/deposit down, super simple process. Just built my ideal truck right in front of them on the Chevy website, and he got it ordered in the system an hour later. When I had my Jag built I had to put down a $2k non-refundable deposit!

This will be quite the upgrade from my '19 Silverado 1500, which I loved so I know I'll love this even more!

I cannot wait!

1842602841_ScreenShot2020-01-18at4_55_19PM.thumb.png.d1acb6820faca028ce913e6b6c4d72b7.png

Congrats! This looks sick (in a very good way)! Great deal on the truck as well. I had recently got my truck and just purchased the tonneau cover. I like the color of your truck, it looks great.

3 hours ago, David Mike said:

Congrats! This looks sick (in a very good way)! Great deal on the truck as well. I had recently got my truck and just purchased the tonneau cover. I like the color of your truck, it looks great.

Thanks! I just can't wait to see the actual truck in person and not just the build photo from chevy's website :)

I've never had a tonneau cover on any of my trucks but I've always considered it. I could definitely see it coming in handy. Which cover did you get?

Yes, in person is so much better! You'll love it!
I recently purchased Bakflip MX4 from the website here as they had great deals. It's highly unlikely to find deals like this so I had to take action. I think it ends next week or so but they do run great deals time to time and you can contact them for discount as well. I got it unboxed but rain hasn't let up yet for me to do the full install.

Share your photo once you get the truck delivered.

• Like 1

That looks like a pretty decent cover! Looks solid. We've been getting non-stop rain here too so I feel ya there. I need a break from all of this, ha.

I checked on the status of my build today via GM chat, only at status code 2000 (order accepted by gm) so it has a way to go. I mean, it's only been a week, so to be expected, I just can't wait haha. 

sounds awesome!

Looks like it will be happy Valentine’s Day for me... my 3500 AT4 GMC was to be built week of 1/27. Now just waiting for delivery. I was able to get GM discount which was like 8k, at least it will cover the taxes... lol

whoo hoo ... dealer just called and said it was in transit, maybe Friday arrival 

7AB13079-973F-41EE-A555-7E54246FE1F4.jpeg

Edited by Bill Taylor
  • Like 1

15 weeks roughly, probably the strike aftermath slowed yours down.  Hope mine comes quicker than that, 12 weeks would be good.  

That’s what I’m hoping for haha, I don’t want to wait that long. If I recall I think my order was updated to event code 2000 fairly quickly though so hopefully your order gets accepted soon. However, my order hasn’t changed from 2000 yet and actually on Monday (yesterday) they said a status code wasn’t available?? I’ll check later this week to see if anything has changed. I just want a TPW :)

still though it will be here, and youll forget about wait once you have it...

congrats!....that is bad ass truck and ordering is more "fun" and "painful" in a way....but there is more anticipation instead of just driving down picking one out and driving home, plus your getting everything you want and 9k off 2020 is great deal...I would drive along ways to save 10k.....if someone said ill give you 10k to drive 1000 miles turn around and come back I would do it in a heartbeat and that's basically what it is to get a good deal

I too will probably get a 2500 in few years, I talked myself into a 1500 and its fine but really I wanted a 2500 ( and need one at times)…..and yeah I don't understand the short box on todays trucks, 6'6 should be norm....7' and 8' beds should be norm....I had a really hard time even finding a std bed on my 1500....they said 95% of all 1500 made are short boxes, but idk if true

but yeah you love your truck, great job and happy bday to yourself!

On 2/5/2020 at 5:35 PM, FirstAscent said:

Ok apparently I was wrong, what the heck. I’m pretty sure a week ago they told me I was at event code 2000, today they said 1100.

My order is going backwards emoji3525.png

Jamie, I'm not sure if you know this already but I'm including it so you can get your truck as soon as possible.

Your order will not progress from 1100 to 2000 until your dealer gets an allocation from GM to apply to your order.

Allocations only come out once per week, I think on Thursdays.

Make sure your dealer is checking every Thursday and will call you when that happens.

Then make sure you go in to finalize your order (options, build, etc) and then get him to enter your order.

Within minutes (usually), your dealer can check the order's status and it will be at 2000.

Then you wait for a TPW which is usually when it goes to code 3000.

One of the absolutely most important parts of the process of ordering a vehicle is to make sure your order that is now at code 1100 has your order type listed as listed as "SRE -- Retail Sold" and not Retail Stock.

Some dealers don't know this.

Some of the guys who have a 2020 Corvette on order have had their order moved 2 months farther out for this very reason because GM builds Retail Sold orders before any Retail Stock orders are built.

My gut feeleing is that some guys will not get a 2020 Corvette because of that and will be pushed off to 2021.

Hope you already know all this but if not, hope this helps you out.

Also, code 1100 is no guarantee that you will get a truck, only code 200 guarantees that. 

Edited by Sask Farmboy
  • Like 1

Jamie, I'm not sure if you know this already but I'm including it so you can get your truck as soon as possible.
Your order will not progress from 1100 to 2000 until your dealer gets an allocation from GM to apply to your order.
Allocations only come out once per week, I think on Thursdays.
Make sure your dealer is checking every Thursday and will call you when that happens.
Then make sure you go in to finalize your order (options, build, etc) and then get him to enter your order.
Within minutes (usually), your dealer can check the order's status and it will be at 2000.
Then you wait for a TPW which is usually when it goes to code 3000.
One of the absolutely most important parts of the process of ordering a vehicle is to make sure your order that is now at code 1100 has your order type listed as listed as "SRE -- Retail Sold" and not Retail Stock.
Some dealers don't know this.
Some of the guys who have a 2020 Corvette on order have had their order moved 2 months farther out for this very reason because GM builds Retail Sold orders before any Retail Stock orders are built.
My gut feeleing is that some guys will not get a 2020 Corvette because of that and will be pushed off to 2021.

Hope you already know all this but if not, hope this helps you out.

Also, code 1100 is no guarantee that you will get a truck, only code 200 guarantees that. 

Hey thanks so much! I actually didn’t know any of that!

My sales gal send me a screenshot of the initial order around 1/19 and it looks like it’s setup correctly.

I have an order number, order type listed as SRE - retail sold, an allocation group with a 6 character code, and it also shows the event code as 1100 but of course this was from the day after I originally ordered it.

I sent them an email asking for an update but I know the sales gal is off on Thursday’s so hopefully tomorrow I’ll get a response with an update from them on where things are at.

Since it shows the allocation group does that mean they have the allocation from GM to apply the order? Or is that something different.