Happy Birthday to me, 3500HD officially ordered!

No, the allocation group just specifies which vehicle you are ordering.

My 2020 Denali DRW shows GHDCRW and my 2020 Corvette shows CORVET.

The dealers only find out their allocations on either each Tuesday or Thursday -- can't remember which one at the moment.

Now that you have your 6 digit order #,  you can check your event code status and your TPW (once you get to code 3000) by using the online chat function on the GM or Chev build site. They will also ask you for your dealer's ID number, usually a 5 digit numeric #.

Of course, you can also get the same info from your dealer.

• Like 1

Thanks for that interesting info Beanball.  (must be a story there!)  My order still sits at 1100 and I verified it is entered as retail sold.  The chat people never asked about my dealer, I've used it twice.   

PS  Congrats on the Corvette order, looks to be an exciting car.  I'll have to muddle through with my C6 for now.  :)  

No, the allocation group just specifies which vehicle you are ordering.
My 2020 Denali DRW shows GHDCRW and my 2020 Corvette shows CORVET.
The dealers only find out their allocations on either each Tuesday or Thursday -- can't remember which one at the moment.
Now that you have your 6 digit order #,  you can check your event code status and your TPW (once you get to code 3000) by using the online chat function on the GM or Chev build site. They will also ask you for your dealer's ID number, usually a 5 digit numeric #.
Of course, you can also get the same info from your dealer.

Well I may still have a ways to go for my truck to arrive but my first mod arrived today, my custom pedals with the High Country logo engraved on the brake pedal :)

Have these pedals on my f-pace too and I love them, they custom make these for any car you have and provide a clean look, IMO. 156dd4429f9d921ea160668236cf47c4.jpg
  • Like 1

Ha - didn't know you could check via chat!  I just checked and my target build week is 3/2.

Anybody in Canada (Calgary or Western Canada specifically) have an estimate of build to delivery, based on their own experience?

Yup I’ve been checking at least weekly. Still no update for me. Congrats on having a TPW! When did you place your order?

13 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

Yup I’ve been checking at least weekly. Still no update for me. Congrats on having a TPW! When did you place your order?

Thanks - I appreciate it.  My order was on January 30th.  The Sales Manager told me he put it in as priority 1, which I have no idea what that means or if it makes a difference.

Edited by cdnSpinalTap

Thanks - I appreciate it.  My order when in January 30th.  The Sales Manager told me he put it in as priority 1, which I have no idea what that means or if it makes a difference.

Dang, that’s two of you now who got build weeks ahead of me haha. Mine was placed on the 18th.

I did make some changes to my options on the order about a week or two in, I wonder if that sets things back.

Also, did either of you get the Dark Essentials Package? I added it but noticed on the Chevy build function of their website it no longer lists it?

3 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

Dang, that’s two of you now who got build weeks ahead of me haha. Mine was placed on the 18th.

I did make some changes to my options on the order about a week or two in, I wonder if that sets things back.

Also, did either of you get the Dark Essentials Package? I added it but noticed on the Chevy build function of their website it no longer lists it?

Ugh - sorry, did not mean to jump ahead ?  I was told 10 - 12 weeks when I ordered.  My Dealer explained the the US gets all of the allocations prior to Canada, so that timeframe made sense to me.

Mine is a GMC - not sure what the Dark Essentials package is.

Ugh - sorry, did not mean to jump ahead [emoji846]  I was told 10 - 12 weeks when I ordered.  My Dealer explained the the US gets all of the allocations prior to Canada, so that timeframe made sense to me.

Mine is a GMC - not sure what the Dark Essentials package is.

Ah well Canada wins this round hahaha.

My dealer told me 8 weeks but I knew that was on the low end.

Oh yeah gmc probably has something similar, the dark package is just black emblems/stickers etc

Wonder if that change to your order put you back in line.  My dealer is tiny, so I doubt they have any special allocations.    

Mine is a 2500 high country with HC deluxe pkg, diesel, and TPMS sensors in Oxford brown with the umber interior.  Nothing else.